Exmix Posted April 29, 2018 Share Posted April 29, 2018 (edited) So, I have the Nexus 5 phone, Nethunter fully installed, etc. My OTG cable stopped working but I have something similar to this adapter here. The adapter works but I don't think it works that effectively. On the Nethunter Terminal, I choose kali, and run 'lsusb' I see my adatper. I have the TP-Link TL-WN722N adapter and the ALFA AWUS036NEH adapter, which both work for this according to the Wiki. When I run wifite or airmon or anything that involes them, they do not see the adapter. Maybe I am doing something wrong in the setup process here but I feel like I have it right. Could it be my MicroUSB to USB Adapter that's causing the issue and should get another USB OTG or USB OTG Y cable? Update: Got a new OTG Cable, as well as an OTG-Y Cable, they both see and recognize the usb with lsusb but still not with airmon-ng, wifite, etc. root@kali:~# lsusb libudev: udev_has_devtmpfs: name_to_handle_at on /dev: Function not implemented Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 001 Device 002: ID 148f:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub root@kali:~# ifconfig lo Link encap:Local Loopback inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0 inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B) p2p0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr fa:a9:d0:70:b2:e1 inet6 addr: fe80::f8a9:d0ff:fe70:b2e1/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B) wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr f8:a9:d0:70:b2:e1 inet addr:192.168.1.140 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 inet6 addr: 2600:1702:14b0:8380:faa9:d0ff:fe70:b2e1/64 Scope:Global inet6 addr: fe80::faa9:d0ff:fe70:b2e1/64 Scope:Link inet6 addr: 2600:1702:14b0:8380:54bf:c873:a72e:2774/64 Scope:Global UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:684 errors:0 dropped:127 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:425 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:293383 (286.5 KiB) TX bytes:93875 (91.6 KiB) root@kali:~# airmon-ng start wlan1 Found 1 processes that could cause trouble. If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them! PID Name 1438 wpa_supplicant PHY Interface Driver Chipset phy0 p2p0 ?????? unable to detect for sdio 0x02d0:0x4335 phy0 wlan0 ?????? unable to detect for sdio 0x02d0:0x4335 root@kali:~# EDIT: I got this fixed. Apparrently I did not have the specific kernel installed. Here is what I did: Flash back to stock Root & set up TWRP Download the NetHunter Nightly Install specific to your model/version and kernel for your model/version from this page here Transfer the two downloaded zips to the phone Boot into TWRP and install each. (I don't think the order matters, BUT I installed the Nethunter .zip THEN the Kernel. Edited May 12, 2018 by Exmix Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.