Bashbunny readonly

xiou

I desided find my Bashbunny today and to update it to firmware 1.5 and find some nice scripts I could test on it. I tried the Password Grabber.

After I run the PasswordGrabber on the Bashbunny and checked the lootfolder, I noticed it was alot of strange content in it. Alot of folders and other files that I could not open. Check attatched screen. After wondering about it, I was gonna check the size of it, and it says 56TB ?

I am not able to delete the lootfolder from either windows or linux by rm -rv. I just get an errormessage that it's readonly and I don't have permissions to do that! Strange

I have tried this:

• Remove the lootfolder
  • Move the lootfolder to another folder, then delete (that's what I've doing on the screenshoots attatched to this post)
  • Do a factoryreset on the bashbunny upto several time. (Unplug three times on green blink)
  • Even upgraded by the bashbunny upgradetool and manually by downloading the .tar file and copy it into the root of the bashbynny

Do any of you have any ideas how I can recover my bashbunny and hopefully bring it back to life?

loot2_crop.png

loot.png

Can you ssh into the Bash Bunny?  If you can, in version 1.2 a new udisk utility was added that you can use to mount and reformat the partition.  It will erase all your payloads but should get it to a condition where if you put your payloads back on it should work correctly...if the payload works as intended.

Here is the link to changelog.txt with added feature.

https://storage.googleapis.com/bashbunny_updates/ch_fw_1.2-changelog.txt

On 4/25/2018 at 1:51 AM, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Can you ssh into the Bash Bunny?  If you can, in version 1.2 a new udisk utility was added that you can use to mount and reformat the partition.  It will erase all your payloads but should get it to a condition where if you put your payloads back on it should work correctly...if the payload works as intended.

Here is the link to changelog.txt with added feature.

https://storage.googleapis.com/bashbunny_updates/ch_fw_1.2-changelog.txt

I am able to connect to the BB trough putty and serial-connection. So you suggest I should try to downgrade to 1.2 and mount udisk for refomatting?

Archived