Error - Wifi Pineapple Nano / Internet Sharing

Carrot

I recently got my Nano and ran the set up just like in the setup instructions for Linux but unfortunately, I am met with an issue where it will connect long enough for the bulletins to connect but then it will display the connection error "Error Connecting to WifiPineapple.com". I am running Ubuntu Advark

6 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

@Carrot Try using terminal and entering "nm-connection-editor" select your pineapple network then navigate to ipv4 tab then select "shared to other computers" from the method drop down menu.

h_1524035916_3077600_6bc109286a.png

Fixed it, thanks so much.

11 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

@Carrot Try using terminal and entering "nm-connection-editor" select your pineapple network then navigate to ipv4 tab then select "shared to other computers" from the method drop down menu.

h_1524035916_3077600_6bc109286a.png

@Just_a_User

I rebooted my device and now the issue has recurred.

3 hours ago, Carrot said:

I rebooted my device and now the issue has recurred.

Did you reuse the wp6.sh script? Im also using Ubuntu 17 and dont use the script anymore. I find Ubuntu 17 does a great job of remembering interface settings based on its mac address.

1 minute ago, Just_a_User said:

Did you reuse the wp6.sh script? Im also using Ubuntu and dont use the script anymore. I find Ubuntu does a great job of remembering interface settings based on its mac address.

I did reissue the script when the issue happened.

1 minute ago, Carrot said:

I did reissue the script when the issue happened.

OK then try editing the nm-connection-editor again as before then when ready try a reboot or unplug/replug and see if ubuntu remembers it this time without the script.

Archived