Funny Solution to a Problem with internet sharing

themehlord

having just bought the Bashbunny today i was so excited to get it working and do all sorts of things with it after having to wait for a week for it to ship to where i live :3, when i got it i updated the firmware using the osx bashbunny updater tool which worked great and that had me think that it was all going to be smooth sailing from there, but i got this feeling that things that have to do with IT never ever work that simply (at least with me) and luck would have it that i didn't have my windows box with me as i am traveling and i carry my mac with me as it is my daily driver.

The suffering began when i wanted to share the internet connection with the bunny via the method which involves running  a squid proxy, i followed the guide to the letter, but for some reason or another i couldn't run squid with the -Z command nor did i get it to work for me, after long hours of fiddling with it i decided to give up on that method and tried to look in the forum as well as youtube for another solution i found people suggesting running a payload which will test the connection, and fiddling with the internet sharing in mac (which gave me a massive headache because at times it would let me ssh to the bunny and disconnect the internet from my pc or it would let use the internet and not be able to ssh into the bunny) in the end i almost cried while staring at my terminal window with lifeless eye's it dawned on me that i have a very small linux box that i carry around with me (because in my head it makes sense and i convince myself that i'll find some use for it sometime) The raspberry pi which i lugg around which i haven't used for a while proved to be my savior, and so i boot it up i run the guided setup script and it works. but imagine this i'm sitting in my moms house on a sofa with a macbook connected to a raspberry pi connected to a bashbunny for the soul reason of wanting to update the linux distro on the bash bunny.

Ps: the Guided Setup had me walk the walk of shame a couple of times during the setup process where it made you disconnect the bunny and connect it again.

This might not be relevant to the topics that people usually post here (sorry if that's the case)  but i had a lot of fun with this and i wanted to share it with someone xD.

Archived