Help! Please!

IAmCalledKiller

I joined the Army and while I was in Basic Training, a Russian guy hacked my Instagram and changed the login info, username, and description, but left everything else alone. I exclusively use IG and I've lost over 630 pictures. I have the info for the Username and email. Can I please get some help retrieving my account? I have to get this done before January 3rd or I'll have to wait another 7 weeks. Please help. The email is an "email.ru".

What you are asking is illegal so you won't get any help from here.

Talk to the Instagram team.

Before you come back with "but it's my account" or anything like that, it doesn't matter, Instagram isn't yours and that is what you'd be trying to hack.

And attribution is a bitch, just because they have a .ru email account, doesn't mean they are Russian, I could sign up for one if I wanted, the only challenge may be to read the registration form.

Fighting an illegal act with another doesn't justify your illegal act.

You're just going to have to talk to IG and see what they can do about it. I believe if you provide enough information of what the account's details were BEFORE the major changes they'll look into it. From their POV they could see a huge change was made around the time you say you got hacked in regards to the account.