Suggest USB Wifi adapter for Kali linux

joselee07

I personally have this one from tha Hak5 Shop as well as the TP-Link TL-WN722N and They both work weel enough for me. I don't get anything SUPER far away but I don't have issues with getting a decent connection, staying connected, or not being able to see networks I should. Occassionally i'll use the old "Wifi Dongle in a Pringles can" thing and that has helped but I don't need to do that very often. xD

Edited by Exmix

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, unbredworm said:

Do you have a link to setting this up? Just got mine and I'm super excited to test the range.

Can it be configured to use with a Mac?

Yes, the drivers work on all unix based systems, so they will work on a mac. I'd recommend installing linux, as you'll get far more use out of it in an OS that you can customize and change settings to your liking. You could increase the txpower, which will increase the range. If that isn't far enough for you, look into 2.4Ghz Yagi-Uda Antennas. They're really fun, as they can give you wifi ranges of over a mile. Hak5 has a video talking about it.