Help with Nano ALL TOPICS

redm0squit0

Hey all,

I have owned the Nano now for about a year and it's a super cool product. I have played around with it basically on my own with little direction since buying it, however I bought the wifi pineapple book and read it, and have watched and searched many different methods for how to correctly use the pineapple as it is certainly capable of many different tasks and with that being said, it does require a great aspect of knowledge at least in certain areas. 

One frustrating thing i have always noticed is that although there are an enormous amount of "how to" videos out there on YouTube, the thing i cant seem to wrap my head around is that they are mostly all regarding the older interface of the pineapple. For example, for the longest time, until i read the book I was not sure what the heck karma was on the new interface because it does not say "karma" on the tab, only "pineAP". I had my assumptions that this was karma, but due to my lack of experience i just was not sure. In any event, i have been  on the search since obtaining the Nano for specific information or help strictly with the new interface. I will sit around and play with this thing for hours at a time, but most of the time i end up at step one and ultimately sort of frustrated. I would like to try out some modules, but can't really find much in regards to the individual modules themselves where i can watch someone take action. 

If anyone has any possible pointers for me so i can take this to the next level i would certainly appreciate it. Even with the ssh portion of the pineapple, i am able to ssh into it and for example, i can run reaver, but to me that is just like using Kali Linux, and what about all the other cool functions?  I really would like to know if anyone can point me in the direction of some good solid videos, with the new interface for the Nano, and not just the intro videos. I don't even bother to watch the more in depth videos because I am lost by that point and i know there are so many of them out there. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Thx

Brendan

most of the modules are basic programs that are used on kali, so if you can watch a video or read an article or the man page for say mdk3, that would be the deauth module.  so anything that mdk3 can do on kali, deauth can do on the pineapple.  thats just an example. 

Hi there, really appreciate your response. I imagine you would suggest my using a Linux box then. I have Kali as a VM on my Alienware laptop but it just is not the same thing and i have no clue what is going on with respect to the wireless cards. Another funky thing is that i have no serial ports in my device manager, however installed some drivers but all in all it ends up taking a good hour or 2 of work where it may or may not even work. That can be frustrating. I like windows, but understand how much better Linux is for this type of testing. I guess my biggest issue with Kali, is how every time i set my card into monitor mode it basically disappears from existence and i have to restart the machine. This is even if i have Ethernet plugged in, WiFi running and a second wireless external card attached. I guess i will go ahead and just fire up Kali!

Thanks 

Brendan

have you tried to use a live usb and run kali that way?  It is way better than messing with a vm if you are unfamiliar with vm software.

• 2 weeks later...