Proven method(s) for saving loot?

datguy_dev

Greetings,

Would anyone care to provide the most current means for "saving loot." Whether that be echo "${X}" > /root/udisk/etc or mv $file to /root/udisk. I'm sure both work, but I have had no luck saving anything run from a payload to the disk on the BashBunny. I just cannot figure it out even scraping through all the payloads posted on github.

It's kind of crazy. I made a payload to test directories while using switch 1 or 2. Such as below, it's simple. Yet I'll get a green led saying that /see/more/butts is a directory! It makes no sense. Even if I change /root/udisk to /udisk it still lights green.

I had a payload that used the echo write method for saving information to a file. But when I went to check the loot in arming mode, the payloads folder was gone! It just disappeared. :D I had to do a recovery and the first time, it failed. Second time worked a charm, but I wouldn't be surprised if my permissions or something is now even more messed up. It is working normally in every other context though. But I thought I'd ask as I don't want to brick the BB experimenting further. 

(! = not. -d = directory.)

#!/bin/bash

if [ ! -d "$(pwd)" ]; then
    LED R
else
	LED G
fi

if [ ! -d "/root/udisk" ]; then
    LED R
else
	LED G
fi

if [ ! -d "/see/more/butts" ]; then
    LED R
else
	LED G
fi

Edited by datguy_dev

You should be able to do a "udisk mount" and then look for "/root/udisk/loot" or "/root/udisk/payloads" (I think that's where it goes..) etc.

Never mind.

Maybe change the colour from green to something else, just to make sure it's not something else that is setting it green?

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

It's not the LEDs. Its just I'm having all sorts of "saving loot" or writing issues that have been inconsistent and just wonky all around. I was hoping there was a definite answer to writing to the BashBunny. This shouldn't be a cryptic thing in the least.

With my bashbunny, I found that it fails to write the first pass. But after being re inserted, it does work. I would really like to know the reasoning behind why I have to do that to save a simple text file.