ingame advertisement coming to cs + other steam games ...

DLSS

advertisements coming to cs

If the headline wasn't enough, and the blurb was simply looked over without a second look, then let me say it again. In-game advertising is coming soon to a Counter-Strike 1.6 game near you. Some CS-Nation readers may remember back to a couple of news pieces that dealt with ads appearing in Counter-Strike. This particular quote from a joint press release comes to mind.

Valve and IGA have announced that they are pleased to have reached a swift and professional resolution of any issues that may have existed between them, IGA's advertisers and IGA's advertising agencies. Valve and IGA look forward to discussing mutually beneficial opportunities in the future.

Sit back, place your tray tables in the upright and locked position, and prepare to have your game of Counter-Strike turned on its head. Advertisements are here, or rather, they will be soon. CS-Nation is bringing you this exclusive interview with Valve's Doug Lombardi about in-game advertising in CS1.6. We tried not to hold back any "punches" in this interview. As this is the case, not every question was answered, but we will still include these questions throughout. Without further delay, on with the interview.

read the interview here -> page 1 , page 2

Steam Games (mostly cs:s) are the games i play most often, runs ok in wine and faster in cedega.

Although if they are going to put advertisements ingame, why did I bother paying for it?

I must agree id know where its at those native games run so fast, even faster than the windows counterparts.

cs1.6 works perfectly using cedega, and if you're going to pirate it, make sure you stick with cedega 4, and don't upgrade to 5.

As for ads in the game, are they limted to 1.6? I haven't read the article, yet, so feel free to flame me.

I haven't played 1.6 in quite a while ... once you go source, you don't go back! :)

cs1.6 works perfectly using cedega, and if you're going to pirate it, make sure you stick with cedega 4, and don't upgrade to 5.

As for ads in the game, are they limted to 1.6? I haven't read the article, yet, so feel free to flame me.

I haven't played 1.6 in quite a while ... once you go source, you don't go back! :)

actually it will start experimenting with it on 1.6 if it works they will aslo implement it in other steam games possibly css

once you go source, you don't go back!

i can prove that wrong with loads of examples ...

i own source but dont even have it installed anymore ...

a lot of people switch back to 1.6 for it has much better gameplay and a much better community then css ....

my machine can easily handle source with everything on max i get 114 fps on a crowded 64 man server ...

but graphics dont make a game ....

the gameplay and community on the other hand ........

that's why 1.6 will always stay superior to css ....

Well im using linux only now so i wont be playing any steam games

Actually, I read an article on digg a few weeks back which explained how to get CS 1.6 working under WINE. So you could technically still play.

actually u can run all steam games through wine...but i dont rly want to im not playing any games anymore bcuz of these bullshit exams and im doing lots of coding