hostapd-wpe

Unauthed

One of the biggest gaps I have found with the pineapple is the inability to perform hostapd-wpe type attacks.

Thankfully, there is a OperWRT package for hostapd-wpe that seems to work very well...

I just wanted to share in case anybody else needed the Pineapple to do this also....

ssh to your pineapple... 

########

cd /tmp

wget https://github.com/TarlogicSecurity/hostapd-wpe-openwrt/raw/master/packages/ar71xx/generic/hostapd-wpe_2014-06-03.1-1_ar71xx.ipk

opkg install ./hostapd-wpe_2014-06-03.1-1_ar71xx.ipk

######

The configuration files are in /usr/local/etc/hostapd-wpe

I changed the wifi to wlan1 and executed with hostapd-wpe ./yourconfig.conf

Unfortunately I havent had the time to create a gui for it... 

I would love to see this integrated into PineAP functionality at some point... but until then, I hope somebody has the time and passion to wrap a GUI around it!! 

Hope this helps somebody out.

On 9/5/2016 at 3:56 AM, Unauthed said:

Did this actually work? Have tried both wlan0 and wlan1, keep getting Could not configure driver mode.

On 9/7/2016 at 7:59 AM, cryptojunk said:

Did this actually work? Have tried both wlan0 and wlan1, keep getting Could not configure driver mode.

Works well for me, and my colleagues Tetra also.

Are you running the latest build? If so, try doing it straight after a reboot to ensure another process isnt using wlan1. I had your error on Wlan0, but Wlan1 is fine.

Let me know how you go...

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/5/2016 at 9:56 AM, Unauthed said:

One of the biggest gaps I have found with the pineapple is the inability to perform hostapd-wpe type attacks.

Thankfully, there is a OperWRT package for hostapd-wpe that seems to work very well...

I just wanted to share in case anybody else needed the Pineapple to do this also....

ssh to your pineapple... 

########

cd /tmp

wget https://github.com/TarlogicSecurity/hostapd-wpe-openwrt/raw/master/packages/ar71xx/generic/hostapd-wpe_2014-06-03.1-1_ar71xx.ipk

opkg install ./hostapd-wpe_2014-06-03.1-1_ar71xx.ipk

######

Unfortunately I havent had the time to create a gui for it... 

I would love to see this integrated into PineAP functionality at some point... but until then, I hope somebody has the time and passion to wrap a GUI around it!! 

Hope this helps somebody out.

I tried with the new firmware, i got this error:

* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for hostapd-wpe found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

Archived