Pineapple Juice 4000 Replacement

bored369

So my Pineapple Juice 4000 finally started to burst at the seams:

http://imgur.com/a/eRMZ6

I've had it since launch and been running it pretty hard and long hours and had started to notice it swell, but now it's to the point I don't think it's safe to continue to operate.

So I went on a search to find a replacement that:
A. I trusted the battery company reputation (edit* not saying I don't trust the hak5 batteries, I fully do.  It's batteries that I can purchase elsewhere I normally don't trust because they lie about mAh and amp output regularly.l)
B. would still fit in the nano tactical case 
C. would still use the nice usb adapter

After a lengthy search on Amazon looking at various slim battery packs and trying to find one that met those needs, I found this:

Anker PowerCore 5000
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EKXR67M

It took a week for them to even start to ship it to me, but arrived day after they finally did.  I must say it's awesome!!

http://imgur.com/a/pgmaE

Claims 5000mAh so extra 1000mAH (which anker is pretty good about being legit on those numbers but i'll have to wait to full charge to test that portion)
Claims up to 2amp output (PortPilot detects as 2.1amp)
The curved back actually seems to make it fit even nicer into the tactical case (but my memory maybe jaded because of the time I've spent with the swelling on the Pineapple Juice 4000)

Hak5 team don't worry about a replacement Pineapple Juice 4000 but if you want to I never say no to extra battery packs ;).  I'm not that concerned about it and don't think it's really defective honestly (it does still work and charges fine).  I think (purely IMO) that's just what happens to batteries when you used them in enclosed spaces for long periods of time and expose them to high heat (both using the nano and charging which almost 100% of the time was in the tactical case).

Edited by bored369
  • Upvote 1

Hi Bored369,

I am sorry for the troubles!

It is possible that running the battery in closed environments, especially if there is a lot of heat, for long periods of time can cause damage like this. Once the battery bloats up like that though, it is potentially dangerous to use, so please stop using it immediately, and dispose of it appropriately. 

Email shop@hak5.org and we'll get you sorted out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

Once the battery bloats up like that though, it is potentially dangerous to use, so please stop using it immediately, and dispose of it appropriately. 

Fully aware of the dangers and won't be using it anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

I am sorry for the troubles!

Email shop@hak5.org and we'll get you sorted out.

No need to apologize, it's all good and I'd been meaning to look into getting a little more power capacity into the tactical case anyway.   Plus good info for others if they want the same or a small form factor battery that works with the nano (since the juice batteries not currently available for purchase in the hakshop).  Also the quick responses from you and foxtrot (in IRC) saying the same has me more than sorted and happy with the customer experience y'all provide!

• Upvote 1