I need feed back: Model M Hacking *cover your eyes*

Heinzanova

I have a few IBM Model M Buckling spring keyboards laying around at home, I love them to death, but laitly my RSI has been acting up and I have had to use my MS Natural... but the keys are all shitty and squishy.

I want to hack a Model M into a nautural shape.

Tips? or Ideas for fabricating the case?

I'd say don't bother.

Go out to a computer store and try some of the keyboards they have on display. If you find one you like, see if you can get it online.

This doesn't always work. I have a KeyTronic keyboard that somewhat resembles the feel of a Model M (but I have a real Model M at work, which is what I prefer) but really wanted one of those flimsy, cheap as fuck bog-standard keyboards you get when you purchase a new Acer computer (they used Acers at school, so I got to _really_ test the feel of those keyboards). That asshole behind the counter at the local Acer outlet fucking refused to sell me a keyboard without the rest of the computer. I actually offered to buy 10 of those keyboards to make it worth his while (and because I expect to wear out one of them per year) but the guy wouldn't budge. Tried online, but so far nothing for .NL. Bastards!

I'd say don't bother.

Go out to a computer store and try some of the keyboards they have on display. If you find one you like, see if you can get it online.

This doesn't always work. I have a KeyTronic keyboard that somewhat resembles the feel of a Model M (but I have a real Model M at work, which is what I prefer) but really wanted one of those flimsy, cheap as fuck bog-standard keyboards you get when you purchase a new Acer computer (they used Acers at school, so I got to _really_ test the feel of those keyboards). That asshole behind the counter at the local Acer outlet fucking refused to sell me a keyboard without the rest of the computer. I actually offered to buy 10 of those keyboards to make it worth his while (and because I expect to wear out one of them per year) but the guy wouldn't budge. Tried online, but so far nothing for .NL. Bastards!

mabee you nead some boobie help, yeas I will admit to useing my featuers to get what I wanted from a computer outlet.

I'd say don't bother.

nah my MS natural is perfect for my hands and my RSI, no pain at all, but I desire my loud and firm buckling spring keyboards ( I have like six model Ms) so I want to make the best of both worlds.

Trust me I frequent FRY's all the time

(for people who have never been to a FRYs, it is geek heaven, cheap prices, lots of weird niche shit, but shitty help so you gotta know what is up).

Maybe you need some boobie help. Yeah I will admit to using my features to get what I wanted from a computer outlet.

Well, the place has gone bust since (HA! Serves them right) and I'm still looking for that girl that wants to be convincing like that to me, let alone to someone else on my behalf.

Well, the place has gone bust since (HA! Serves them right) and I'm still looking for that girl that wants to be convincing like that to me, let alone to someone else on my behalf.

I like healping geeks in nead, I just gave that scsi reader to a buddy of mine to stick in a sampler he picked up, he's ganna find me a usb or IDE one. We Haklings should stick together. ( we can do more as a team :twisted: )

swap the keys over?

no can't buckling keys are designed so much differently than silicon dome keyboard.

Anyways I started this mod, and let me just say, don't try this mod.

Dremils were used, mistakes were made.

RIP IBM Model M 11-Feb-1984 to 4-Dec-2006

I am working on bringing him back, I can rebuild him, faster, stronger... hopefully.

btw stop thread jacking you sons of a biatches

Well I have a plan for revival, except this mod just turned into a hell of a lot more work than originally planned. Turns out I removed 1 too many layers of the keyboard after I got the steel plate off the back of the membrane area... and I had about hhrrmmm 104 or so springs go flying in every which direction...

I will suceed I do not care how many Model M's must die

So captain Ahab has to catch his whale, huh?

Well, best of luck to ya. Be sure to make lots of pictures of the process (if anything for a future lawsuit for the 'mental torture' that is the viewing of the dissection of the technical perfection that is the IBM Model M).