Lightweight portable monitor

lostngone

I am looking for a small(no bigger then 12 inch) lightweight portable monitor that will run on batteries, preferably with VGA inputs but would take DVI, HDMI, etc. I am looking for something when working on the backside of server racks.

Do any tablets on the market support video input for recording or display?

There are USB monitors which might be useful. No recording though.

The device you actually want is a KVM over IP switch. The last thing you want to manage a machine is to go down to the rack, find the unit, plug in a monitor, mouse, etc and work it from there. Unless you're in charge of the cables, hardware operation (as opposed to the software running on there) and/or the on/off switch, stay out of the server room as much as you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makibes-Capacitive-1024×600-Bicolor-Raspberry/dp/B017SQ3J38/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465398546&sr=8-1&keywords=Makibes%407+Inch+Capacitive+Touch+Screen

... coupled with a small USB power pack.

It's advertised for the RPi, but you wouldn't need one. You could use the section on the back to mount the USB power pack and the stand could be useful too.

Edited by haze1434

A coworker of mine has this as the screen to his Pi which he uses as a portable radio to play internet stations (since the building we're in is shielded such that FM radio can't get in). Very nice image on there. The touch screen is kinda crap due to the small size.

1 hour ago, cooper said:

A coworker of mine has this as the screen to his Pi which he uses as a portable radio to play internet stations (since the building we're in is shielded such that FM radio can't get in). Very nice image on there. The touch screen is kinda crap due to the small size.

little trick I used to do, when worked in a simular building here in the uk, was clip a length of
wire to the arial and the other end to the earth pin of the mains socket here in UK.
dont know weather you have eatth pins over there.

regrds
kerravon