What is the Best Dongle for Long range and Good fast connections.

Elamino

hello guys. i was looking up for some good strength for my pineapple. i had a old alfa dongle but seems to be unstable for my pineapple. im looking for a good long range but also good connectivity. i got about 100$ to spend for one of these;

my old dongle was a Alfa - AWUS036NHA, could i just buy a better antenna for that. if do recommend me one for good long range that can go quite far with good strength?

anyone recommend me any?

Edited by Elamino

Any good Recommendations? I need it to go pretty far.

No wireless card that im aware of on the market in the 2.4Ghz can reach further then 500 feet maybe 600 feet if your lucky but eh You stand a better chance using a Bi Quad dish over looking a city or town maybe if your in a tall apartment but if you live in a normal house with a lot of stuff in the path of view its gonna cut down on the signal.

No wireless card that im aware of on the market in the 2.4Ghz can reach further then 500 feet maybe 600 feet if your lucky but eh You stand a better chance using a Bi Quad dish over looking a city or town maybe if your in a tall apartment but if you live in a normal house with a lot of stuff in the path of view its gonna cut down on the signal.

So 5GHz is not possible for the pineapple? I got a chip set, i just need a grid or better antenna that can get me across the couple of acres of field and to my house. which is pretty far.

Alfa AWUS036NEH is 5 Ghz. And with a directional antenna you could go "pretty far".
I remember watching a video where they just used a normal router, a normal wifi dongle and hooked both of them up with directional antennas.

I believe it went for miles. It was a couple of years ago though.

Alfa AWUS036NEH is 5 Ghz. And with a directional antenna you could go "pretty far".

I remember watching a video where they just used a normal router, a normal wifi dongle and hooked both of them up with directional antennas.

I believe it went for miles. It was a couple of years ago though.

The NEH is not supportive of 5ghz. It supports 2.4ghz wireless-n, but is not 5ghz.

Also, remember that 5ghz will not travel as far as 2.4ghz can. but 5ghz supportive, will give a better connection experience.

Two directional antennas (yagi, parabolic, patch panel) pointed at each other with a clear line of sight should have little problem communicating at either band. Water dense obstacles like trees are WiFi's worst nightmare. Most municipalities cannot prohibit a mast of up to 30 feet. I've had great success with 2.4 GHz matched with a parabolic and a patch -- it prevented me from having to order another Cable Internet line when I moved into an apartment a block away from the Hak5 office. Thank the heavens for roof access (and the Olympic size swimming pool on the roof of the Hak5 office :tongue:).

Even a good quality access point will transmit pretty far if it's in a good location. My phone will connect to home when I turn the corner a little over 900 feet from my house. The ap is on the second floor, and there's very little in the way, an old walnut tree and an open field. Max transmit power at 2.4ghz is 30dBm.