Software for cracking WPA handshake

thahgr

Hi,

I want to ask, what other programs exist for finding the pass phrase of a WPA handshake besides aircrack-ng and cowpatty.

For linux platform, especially server, cpu based.

From what I understand, pyrit is GPU based.

Whats wrong with aircrack and cowpatty? Well.. I want to use an openSUSE11 server BUT I dont have root rights to install all prerequisites and compile aircrack.
Cowpatty compile and works fine, but its single threaded. I know I can break up the wordlist into e.g 4 run four instances, but sometimes it does not recognize the handshake as well as aircrack-ng.

Just asking if there are any other alternatives.

Thank you

cracking these capture files Takes horse power...

I have 2 machines that I consider powerful and almost identical in cpu/gpu power

Desktop.

Amd1090t (benchmark 2500 pmks) (cpu cost like 200$)

Nvidia 600(benchmark 20500 pmks) (gpu cost like 150$)

(23000 pmks)

Labtop.

Intel i7 (benchmark 1800 pmks) (cpu cost like190$)

Nvidia 550m (mark 13200 pmks) (gpu cost like 140$)

(15000 pmks)

think about cost per horse power... bang for the buck...

Building a cluster would be alot of fun. The example above was guesstimated from my testing performed about one year ago...

how many cpu's will it take to beat a gpu? And can you keep the cost to performance ratio proper?

Raspberry pi's kick ass @ 25 pmks :-)

I love pyrit... its exciting to watch...

so. there are plenty of options for cracking handshakes...

My labtop might take 8 hours to process the supaWPA.lst..... your cpu might take one year...

You can run pyrit on any linux machine...

Edited by i8igmac

You don't need root to build aircrack, you can do it all as a normal user. Just build any libraries you've got in your home directory then tell the configure or make script where they are. You need root privs to run airodump but aircrack can be ran as a normal user.

Thank you all for your answers!

But please could you read again the post?

In parallel to when I am working, I am trying to use a IBM x3250 M3 server with openSUSE11 which does not have GPU of course and I do not have admin rights.

I understand from what you say that GPU cracking is more efficient, but its not what I am trying to do now.

So fixing aircrack compilation is one way, other software options for CPU based?

(Damn, I have 5 handshakes.......)

You don't need root to build aircrack, you can do it all as a normal user. Just build any libraries you've got in your home directory then tell the configure or make script where they are. You need root privs to run airodump but aircrack can be ran as a normal user.

I get this error message

Cannot find development files for any supported version of libnl. install either libnl1 or libnl3

Have you built the libnl libraries? You need to build them and then tell either configure it make where they are so it can link against them.

yes, but thats also not happening... neither with a prefix on the "configure"....

Making all in include
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/ca000000/frn3787/ha/libnl-3.2.25/include'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ca000000/frn3787/ha/libnl-3.2.25/include'
Making all in lib
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/ca000000/frn3787/ha/libnl-3.2.25/lib'
GEN route/cls/ematch_grammar.c
GEN route/cls/ematch_syntax.c
route/cls/ematch_syntax.y:31.9-16: syntax error, unexpected identifier, expecting string
Makefile:1435: recipe for target 'route/cls/ematch_syntax.c' failed
make[1]: *** [route/cls/ematch_syntax.c] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ca000000/frn3787/ha/libnl-3.2.25/lib'
Makefile:493: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

@ diginija, ... I am on it...

@ No Name

You are more than welcome to try :smile: ( and of course anyone who is willing to give it a shot)

here is a temporary link,

with five handshakes listed in order of priority,

and a small wordlist I made with my country's popular names

As I was saying to a friend "I recently move to a new house where there is a problem with the underground cables, so I have no internet.... very very unlucky...

Thus all my trouble..

I have used custom wordlists that I made myself, relevant to the my country, but no luck until now"