[Request] MKV Feature Request

UnKn0wnBooof

Okay, I've been using the mkv, for about a day now and I'd like to give feedback on what could be improved.

1.) Client mode.

Why is it that when I click "Disconnect Selected Interface", it forgets the saved WiFi network that it was connected to? Not exactly convinient when the user wants to re-establish a connection but has to re-enter the password. Sometimes after playing with recon mode, it won't connect to the internet via client mode even when it says it's connected. Would be good if there were two more options, such as "Forget Network" and "Re-connect".

2.) There's no power button on the web ui?

I don't understand why there's a reboot option but no power off. Would be nice to see this added :)

3.) Mobile UI needs a slight improvement.

Sort of a pain to click the tick boxes for "PineAP Daemon", on mobile devices (tested on HTC One M7). It's tiny.

4.) Recon mode could be a bit more convinient.

When it says "PineAP isn't started", it should ask if you want to start it or not, instead of opening a new tab.

Thats it, for now. Hopefully Seb could take these notes and make the MKV better :)

Thanks!

Edited by Lavanoid

I don't understand why there's a reboot option but no power off. Would be nice to see this added :)

The Pineapple doesn't have the capability hardware wise to Power Off. You can `halt` however the pineapple will still be powered on.

Sort of a pain to click the tick boxes for "PineAP Daemon", on mobile devices (tested on HTC One M7). It's tiny.

This is why the gods gave us zoom.

The Pineapple doesn't have the capability hardware wise to Power Off. You can `halt` however the pineapple will still be powered on.

This is why the gods gave us zoom.

As long as a proper shutdown can be inititated, I don't care. Sort of silly to run "poweroff" each time I wanna unplug the unit.

You can't zoom, either. Part of the page's <meta> prevents such an action. If it's designed to be "mobile friendly" then it should do that without the need of zooming. Wouldn't be considered "mobile friendly" if you had to do the opposite of that.

Okay, I've been using the mkv, for about a day now and I'd like to give feedback on what could be improved.

1.) Client mode.

Why is it that when I click "Disconnect Selected Interface", it forgets the saved WiFi network that it was connected to? Not exactly convinient when the user wants to re-establish a connection but has to re-enter the password. Sometimes after playing with recon mode, it won't comnect to the internet via client mode even when it says it's connected. Would be good if there were two more options, such as "Forget Network" and "Re-connect".

4.) Recon mode could be a bit more convinient.

When it says "PineAP isn't started", it should ask if you want to start it or not, instead of opening a new tab.

Thats it, for now. Hopefully Seb could take these notes and make the MKV better :)

Thanks!

All excellent and much appreciated feedback that will find its way into future builds. Thanks!

Do you guys also think it would be possible to redirect the entire FS to the SD card? The Pineapple runs out of space REALLY fast ._.

I would've made the Pineapple similar to the Raspberry Pi, by making it boot from the SD card instead of internal NAND. Either that or gave the Pineapple a GB of NAND space, instead of farty few MB's ._.