DVD burning

blunt

i have recently been trying to find the best software for burrning DVD's, i am looking to burn a mpeg avi and other types of files that movies downloaded from bitorrents and peer to peer programs in to DVD's that play in most DVD players (i know that this is not the right way to get movies) i would like to know what the best software is and if there is any free programs that can do this

We do not support piracy here but since there's a chance that you could be downloading legal files (IPTV or home videos for example) I'll let this thread live.

If I see this turn any more towards piracy it's getting locked.

I wasent taking piracy with my post i just like to make copies of my own DVD's since my house has ben broken it to so meny times in the past thats ushaly what gets stolen if my originals get jacked then i still have the backups.

One thing to note is that DVD-R's are generally the only ones that will play in DVD players. So make sure your burner will burn DVD-R discs.

As for taking your AVI's and your MPGs and making DVDs with them, I use a program called tovid. It's a Linux application, but you didn't specify what platform you're using.

As for doing it on Windows ... I don't know ... sorry.

most of the movies i download are in avi and mpeg format

That doesn't sound very legit to me but I generally think the worst... so... maybe?

you have a good point seeing as the other post had to do with torrents and I think it got locked, I don't blame you for thinking the worst of people espeshily when you have a fourm to protect.

i will amit that i have downloaded some films that were copyright protected however i only want the DVD burring program for my own personal use to brun copyright free movies, home movies etc. i understand that copying DVD's that are illegal and this forum does not want to be associated with this

I have been using Nero for a couple of years now, I think that it is version 6. Whatever version is out now, I am using the one before that, need more coffee.

Anyway, I use Nero and it works very good for me, you can create your own menus, chapters and things like that.

• 4 weeks later...
i have recently been trying to find the best software for burrning DVD's, i am looking to burn a mpeg avi and other types of files that movies downloaded from bitorrents and peer to peer programs in to DVD's that play in most DVD players (i know that this is not the right way to get movies) i would like to know what the best software is and if there is any free programs that can do this

the best software ive used for converting movies avi mpg etc.. i would use dvdsanta.