How to use Rubberducky to get in to the computer BIOS

macartur66

I want to know if is possible to get into the computer BIOS in order to change some settings in an automated way. we build computers and need to change some BIOS settings so that we can deploy the image into the drives. By doing this using rubberduckies will save us a lot time and resources.

If the BIOS accepts input from USB keyboards it should be fine. I would however put in a big pause at the start since chances are the ducky will be powered from USB for a number of seconds before the BIOS is actually on the screen. I'm not sure if all BIOSes would accept a second keyboard being available, such that you'd manually enter the BIOS, then push in the ducky to do the configuration of the thing. If you let the ducky do everything you may have to be careful with timing things as the ducky will send the keypresses regardless of what state the machine is in. It might still be detecting a RAID array for instance.

Which is true, but when you're the IT guy for a company with 100+ of the same mobo for the various desktop machines provided...

You can't really time for restarting, what you will have to do is reboot and enter the bios manually. Then you use one of the firmware's which uses the button on the ducky to trigger the payload. It will be a tedious process to get the selection of items right, but if you put substantial delays behind most of the code you should be able to make a script which will run on most bios systems of the same type but for faster or slower architectures. Still, like barry said most of us don't trust the ducky to tweak the bios correctly.