Battery

Hi edwingeorge747,

While I can't recommend a battery, make sure that whatever you get has the one of the following stats:

5V - 2A

9V - 1.5A

12V - 1A

Only ever provide power over the barrel port on the WiFi Pineapple MKV. You may need to purchase a USB to barrel cable, if you decide to go with a 5V battery (comes in handy if you want to power other gear such as phones, tablets, etc).

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks Sebkinne , I was planning to buy this battery http://www.amazon.com/EasyAcc-10000mAh-Brilliant-External-Smartphone/dp/B00H9BEC8E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1428699880&sr=8-3&keywords=portable+battery

Is this fine? So you are telling pineapple cannot be powered using a usb .So i have to buy a usb to barrel cable along with battery right? What should be the size of a Barrel jack..

A good thing to check for when you're buying a battery is whether they support the iPad (not the minis, the old ones with the fat wall charger). They need 10W to charge so anything that supports them should be good.

??? I think you're confusing a battery's charger requirements with available power. Apologies if I misunderstood you.