Pineapple TLL

jtbith

Hi bit of a newb when it comes to this so bare with me and ill be as detailed as possible and i will thank you i advance for any help given

my prolem is i have a TLL to usb and the 5 cables (RD,ORGE,YLW,BWN,BLK) and i have my pineapple but i cannot figure out how to get my PC to reconise that its plugged in it makes the windows noise for a plugin device and it shows in device manager but PuTTY wont reconise it is there

Thanks

post-46943-0-14400600-1421961326_thumb.j

Thanks but no joy

I recall there being a recent change, something about needing to broadcast the password before being dropped into a shell. Not sure on the specifics, but I think it was covered in the most recent hangout between Seb and Darren covering PineAP. Might be worth looking into.

I recall there being a recent change, something about needing to broadcast the password before being dropped into a shell. Not sure on the specifics, but I think it was covered in the most recent hangout between Seb and Darren covering PineAP. Might be worth looking into.

Cheers ill check it out

Here are some pictures i made --> http://postimg.org/gallery/4ux9x2qk/80727a0e/

Please recheck you cables. The options for Putty are fine.

You will see the complete boot process and be able to login as root after boot is complete. Of course you need to set the root password during the setup process. But the shell has nothing to do with PineAP in that case.

Here are some pictures i made --> http://postimg.org/gallery/4ux9x2qk/80727a0e/

Please recheck you cables. The options for Putty are fine.

You will see the complete boot process and be able to login as root after boot is complete. Of course you need to set the root password during the setup process. But the shell has nothing to do with PineAP in that case.

I know, I was just saying that they covered changes to the firmware in that google hangout, and recall them mentioning locking down the serial port in it.

Cheers Barry but still no luck no black box that way ether just an annoying bing letting me no it not possible to open it

You do have the drivers for the serial adapter installed right?

You could also try using linux and minicom. Could just be windows being shitty, it happens from time to time.... :lol:

Edited by barry99705