Pineapple as router?

Darkrising

Hello, I just updated my pineapple to 2.2.0 and I heard you can use it as a router.

As it currently stands in my home upstairs I have all of my office stuff: computer, server etc except wifi. I have wifi downstairs but it's extremely weak upstairs so I thought why not use the pineapple as a router for everything wireless upstairs.

My home network uses 10.1.1.0/24 which are given out by my windows server. I set my pineapple to client mode and plugged it into my main lan, it has a static ip assigned 10.1.1.51.

When I connect my tablet to the pineapple It gives me an ip within the 172 range and no connection to the internet.

What do I need to change to get the pineapple to let the windows server give out the ips?

I've been running my pineapple mkV as my router / wifi repeater, and it seems to be doing just fine. Stability is decent, so long as I reformat the swap and check the sd ext4 partition every once in a while.

I do, however, leave the pineapple's network configs as default, rather than having dhcp issued elsewhere or what-not.