Linksys still good

Mr_Cool59

I am wainting to know that since belkin took over making linksys routers if they are any good or are they lik all of the other belkin prouducts now. I am loking at geting a new router and am waiting to know if they are still a good name to look at. Also any recmonadtions on a good router to look at.

I don't expect much to change since cisco didn't do much other than slap their name on most of the linksys branded devices in order to have a consumer based brand, most of which repackaged the cases and caused overheating issues. If anything, linksys was always a better router than the belkin ones in my experience, even in the cisco based cases. I have a buffalo(and its always been flaky), few linksys(Pre-cisco) and cicso/linksys ones, had a few others like dlink(not too bad) and netgear, but now use an asus 802.11ac based router. The Asus is by far the best I've owned so far as far as home consumer based routers go; most stable, built in, non modded firmware needs and fastest all around.

For Belkin, if anything, this gives them hopefully a better base to work from and hopefully they don't go backwards in stability or functionality.

The Asus is by far the best I've owned so far as far as home consumer based routers go; most stable, built in, non modded firmware needs and fastest all around.

The only reason i am running a merlin build of the firmware is because he improved on the graphics and function of the orignal firmware. The guy that built the orignal firmware for the router is also the guy that makes the merlin build, that is what i was told anyways. Here is the link to the site to see the improved features. http://www.lostrealm.ca/tower/node/79

Edited by mreidiv

The only reason i am running a merlin build of the firmware is because he improved on the graphics and function of the orignal firmware. The guy that built the orignal firmware for the router is also the guy that makes the merlin build, that is what i was told anyways. Here is the link to the site to see the improved features. http://www.lostrealm.ca/tower/node/79

Is that last updated in 2012? Because I just updated mine a few weeks ago from Asus, so not sure if they improved or integrated merlin stuff or not, but I've been more than happy with my Asus, the dual band controls and functions it has out of the box - for me anyway.

Is that last updated in 2012? Because I just updated mine a few weeks ago from Asus, so not sure if they improved or integrated merlin stuff or not, but I've been more than happy with my Asus, the dual band controls and functions it has out of the box - for me anyway.

THe most up to date firmware was released 1-9-15 you can get it here.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bkfq2a6aebq68/Asuswrt-Merlin#qc4e5xc252czd