Computer_Security

I have noticed that no one on the forums has brought up this current event so here I go... Lizard squad is a new up and rising group that has been tormenting the gaming community recently. If you are not familiar with what they have done here is a nice list.

-They have taken down xbox.com

-They have taken down xbox live

-They have taken down PSN

-They have taken down destiny servers

-They have taken down GTA V servers

-They have taken down the MLG stream

-They have made a bomb threat to the CEO of Sonys plane and made the plane land

-Hacked Machinima.com

-Hacked Steve-o's twitter

-They have taken down Steam

-They have taken down EA

-And this is only the stuff they post on twitter

And they live tweet the whole thing and somehow have not been caught yet and to make it worse they tweet pictures of themselves and the names of everyone in the "squad". This is unbelievable! I mean they are probably using proxy servers that they set up and Vpn's and all that good stuff but C'mon the amount of times they have took down xbox live is ridiculous.

People are saying that they are DDOSing these servers but to take down these servers like microsoft and sony (which are meant to comply with high volumes) they must have a huge botnet, right? I have also heard that they fried a few sony servers and had to throw them out I don't know how accurate that is but what ever... I was also thinking about what you would need to do this probably a powerful computer to control the botnet and the IPS of the servers (is that public information or NO?) Also I believe that ONLY xbox's and xbox ones can connect to these servers so... did they get a botnet of xbox's, that dosen't seem right? Another possible theory that I had was since I heard they were frying servers my mind immediately went to the program SOCKSTRESS.

So pretty much what I wan't to know is what you guy's opinion is on how they did this because honestly looking at their twitter they don't seem like you'r average hacker. (look it up you will get it)

Seems like just another attention whore that's pretty full of themselves. Looks like what they have is volume rather than skill. And they're being rather immature about it all.

Seriously, what's the point in this? So you take down xbox live, big effin deal. A few people hate your guts and you feel like a big man for all of 5 seconds. If all you do is direct a metric shit-ton of traffic to a few IPs, all it shows is you have sufficient machines to pump out that volume. Donno about you, but stuff like that doesn't really get my dick hard or anything...

As for posting pics and naming names - it proves nothing. It could be (one of) them, it could be some random dude they decided to play a prank on or some not so random dude that they feel slighted them.

Bottom line: Piss off enough big names sufficiently publicly, they will find you. You just have to make it sufficiently interesting for them to want to find you. The way this clique is going, I wouldn't expect much from them during next year.

Seems like just another attention whore that's pretty full of themselves. Looks like what they have is volume rather than skill. And they're being rather immature about it all.

Seriously, what's the point in this? So you take down xbox live, big effin deal. A few people hate your guts and you feel like a big man for all of 5 seconds. If all you do is direct a metric shit-ton of traffic to a few IPs, all it shows is you have sufficient machines to pump out that volume. Donno about you, but stuff like that doesn't really get my dick hard or anything...

As for posting pics and naming names - it proves nothing. It could be (one of) them, it could be some random dude they decided to play a prank on or some not so random dude that they feel slighted them.

Bottom line: Piss off enough big names sufficiently publicly, they will find you. You just have to make it sufficiently interesting for them to want to find you. The way this clique is going, I wouldn't expect much from them during next year.

Amen