install .ipk file

Gk1

I have stored an .apk file on my sd card. I would like to know how I can execute and install it on my device. In addition, I would like to know how I can automatically set my device to start doing my infusion application after starting the machine and how I can also export the results (a .log file) each time.
GK

You must put the ipk on the internal memory, more specifically in the /tmp/ directory of the internal memory. So either scp it over or sftp it to the internal memory /tmp/ directory. Then follow the instructions posted above

This is not correct.

What it looks like is a malformed .ipk file.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I swear I had to install an ipk that way? Hmm. Whether it be in the tmp folder or where it is that opkg store the temporary downloaded ipk for install, that's where I had to install from. Thought it was /tmp/

Nope, the .ipkg can be located anywhere - the sdcard too.

Usually, you'll use /tmp/, but if you have it on the sdcard, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Gk1 -

The error implies that you aren't in the working directory of the ipk file when issuing the opkg command. Move to the directory from which the ipk file resides and reissue the command. Alternatively specify the complete path in your "opkg install" command. e.g. opkg install /sd/file.ipk

Regards,

Darren

• Upvote 1