Cheap Sim Card for Data only

BlueWyvern

Hey guys, I've been rolling around on Verizon as my everyday provider for cell and data service. Up until recently I could get a signal everywhere short of the moon. Then I took a drive to Kentucky and found myself in a number of places with no signal and barely able to make a voice call let alone get the GPS up and rolling again. So I was looking and can't seem to find a solid answer. I wanted to get an unlocked hotspot and a pay as you go sim for one of the other carriers.

So here's what I was hoping for.

Data with no expiration | or | able to connect and add funds without having money already on the account

Really good to great 3G (if not 4G coverage)

Anyone got any ideas/leads?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I've been rolling around on Verizon as my everyday provider for cell and data service. Up until recently I could get a signal everywhere short of the moon. Then I took a drive to Kentucky and found myself in a number of places with no signal and barely able to make a voice call let alone get the GPS up and rolling again. So I was looking and can't seem to find a solid answer. I wanted to get an unlocked hotspot and a pay as you go sim for one of the other carriers.

So here's what I was hoping for.

Data with no expiration | or | able to connect and add funds without having money already on the account

Really good to great 3G (if not 4G coverage)

Anyone got any ideas/leads?

Thanks in advance!

Easy, what you want todo here is whatever area you'll be in say KY find what cellular providers are in that area (I know BlueGrass Cellular is one) then what you need todo is do a search for a MVNO that has a nice rate plan and find out what provider they are reselling service off of (T-Mobile and Sprint are the TWO BIGGEST MVNO suppliers not sure BG has one) and make sure check the coverage map

If you can't get GPS, there's more going on than just shitty mobile coverage...

NOT True his device or equipment could have A-GPS only which require's data connection for refreshing

NOT True his device or equipment could have A-GPS only which require's data connection for refreshing

Interesting. I didn't know about A-GPS, but reading up on it it simply implies getting a GPS fix takes longer - up to a 12.5 minutes says Wikipedia. But that worst-case figure seems to be describing a situation in a rather built-up area which would imply the availability of cell phone coverage.

So, fair point although it simply means BlueWyvern was being rather impatient.