RTL8187 802.11a?

Grrxyn

I've been trying to connect to my network via wlan1 using 802.11a, but apparently it is not working because the RTL8187 is not the version that has 802.11a support despite the box my Pineapple came in and the manual saying it is a/b/g! I just checked the shop site and it now says it is only b/g... What gives?

Posted · Hidden by Sebkinne, October 30, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Sebkinne, October 30, 2014 - No reason given

It was a print error which perwisted from box to booklet. As soon as we noticed we changed the websites and I believe updated the manual.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sebkinne

Dunno.

The original MKV had the RTL8187L which does support a/b/g

http://penturalabs.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/mkv_board_top.jpeg

Here is the link to the Realtek site:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&ProdID=36

Realtek also do RTL8187SE that is b/g only but is different enough to not just be a simple swap out, so I doubt they would have changed the chip to save a few cents.

Might be a driver issue or something? If you can be bothered, open up the case on your MKV and check for the presence (or otherwise) of the RTL8187L.

It was a print error which persisted from box to booklet. As soon as we noticed we changed the websites and I believe updated the manual.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sebkinne

So what chip is in the MKV then? Realtek list the RTL8187L as having 802.11a support?

Could have maybe done with something in the FAQs or an announcement or something rather than trying to hide away another hardware 'bug'?