Where do i start?

Scarface23

Hi, im a freshman computer engineering major from the US, im looking to learn more about hacking and network security. My question is where should i start? do i need to read books?(any suggestions), any websites? My computer knowledge is above average, the only language i know is C so far.

Thanks

Out of interest, what do people think of that book I surrgested? I'm half way through it (having started reading it becasue of a assighnment I had to do and had to give refrances and quotes and stuff) and I'm at leaste able to conentrate one what it's saying, which probably means it was well writen.

I'll be ordering Steal This Computer Book 4.0: What They Won't Tell You about the Internet tomorrow morning, and definitely look forward to it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions in the book department? I like to read, and it never hurts to get away from the computer for a few hours; however, solid suggestions on decent reads seem hard to find, or I'm failing miserably at google.

I did the cheap thing and just borrowed it from my university's library :P

makes sense; however, I like buying books, kinda nice to know I can highlight, dog-ear, spill coffee or whatever and not get crap for it. I also like being able loan books to friends.