Is it possible to install the Pineapple software on a Linux PC?

factgasm

Is it possible to install the Pineapple software on a Linux PC* (a sort of Pineapple emulator) - and then attach a separate Atheros AR9331 and Realtek RTL8181 radios?

I'm having a lot of trouble with DNSSpoof and I'm just wondering if it is down to a relatively inexpensive processor inside the Pineapple.

What is the processor inside the Pineapple and can it be upgraded?

*I am aware of Kali Linux of course.

Edited by factgasm

Hi Factgasm,

DNSSpoof works rather reliably for me. Of course it won't properly do HTTPS, and if your browser has cached (and sometimes hard cached) DNS information, it will also not work.

The easiest way to find out if the version of DNSSpoof running on the WiFi Pineapple MKV does indeed have a bug would be to run DNSSpoof on your kali box. If that works flawlessly, we can take a closer look, but as I said, neither I norr Darren can replicate this issue.

It does however not have anything to do with the AR9331 (which you definitely cannot upgrade), and you cannot (and may not according to our software licence) run the WiFi pineapple software on your PC.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

If you mean the karma patches for hostapd - yes.

The HTTP interface that Sebkinne mentions above is a no.

But its not that hard to build your own. Look at Josh Wright's 'I hack for Sushi' 'Love my Neighbours' VMware image.

Alright, it's now Sunday morning, I'm well into my 2nd cup, and I was just about to open Josh's blog. Thanks for posting this. (Sadly, I can't get it to run with my AWUS036H; it won't go into AP mode.)

This would be an awesome infusion!

I really hope someone picks this up and writes an infusion; I wonder if Josh owns a pineapple.

I admit it can be temperamental at times, but once you get it up and running you can have a lot of laughs.

I had a summer barbecue, invited the neighbours, and told them to use my free wireless at their own risk :)

Edited by midnitesnake