Newbie Q - why did I lose internet connection?

^et^

Hi everyone, so I got the Mark V and started learning it, installed some infusions, tried out SSLstipping, Karma, Jammer etc.

Everyting was working fine, now all of a sudden - I cannot connect to the internet via the Pineapple. I see the network name in my target computer but the wireless indicates an issue (you know - the yellow "!" sign next to the connection) - any idea why that could happen? The Pineapple is connect per Darren's video - and it worked before!!! What did I do to screw it up?

That's not really enough detail to help... Reboot the pineapple and try again. If it still doesn't work tell us exactly how you have everything connected and what you are trying to do. Until we know all that, there could be several reasons for what you see.

I'm hopefully not hijacking the thread... I too have an issue when I plug the pineapple into the ethernet port, I loose internet connectivity. How can I keep eth0 open and also use wlan0 (built in wifi) to connect to the internet?

Explain how you are trying to use your setup and how it is connected. ^et^ describe your setup and toysldr elaborate a bit more on how your setup is connected and at what points have what type of connection being used. Basically a network diagram would help for people to assist.

I am using Linux with a built in wifi adapter on my laptop. At that point, wifi is good to go. I plug in the Ethernet connection to the pineapple and go to the command prompt and run wp5.sh and make the appropriate connections. When I try to use my browser to go to the internet, I get the page can't be displayed window. But, I can connect to the pineapple. It is not able to connect to the internet for updates. I'm sure I need to elaborate more but I need to head to class. Learning about the Optiview XG and network analysis! Woohoo!

Old video I made. Not sure if it will help or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3wKNVhqz4

The most important thing is to READ THE PROMPTS and don't blindly hit enter enter enter. Makes sure you are using the correct interface per connection.

You can also blacklist/whitelist the mac address of your laptop's wifi card so Karma doesn't trap it.