Use Mark V as WiFi Adapter?

J4ded

Hey guys,

I was just curious how, if possible, would I go about using the pineapples adapters as adapters on say...my laptop?

Could this work?

If I wanted to, for example, use a graphical interface program like Fern Wifi Cracker on a Kali Linux OS, and select my pineapple adapter(s) as the monitors.

You're trying to use the pineapple as a USB dongle.... The problem is both your laptop and the Pineapple have female powered ports. If you found a cable that was Male/Male USB and actually plugged it in, at the very least your pineapple will fry. I can't even say what would happen to your laptop. Why would you want to do this anyway? If you want a WiFi USB dongle get an Alfa. The Pineapple itself is capable of doing the same thing as the Fern program in Kali.

Technically there is a way to directly interface with the Realtek from the PCB but it is not documented nor covered by any warranty. You're likely better off getting an Alfa if you intend on using a WiFi adapter with Kali.

In my answer I was trying to stick with the design of the Pineapple with the available ports... I'm assuming you're talking about interfacing with the Realtek on the PCB were it connects to the USB bus. Most likely while the Pineapple is not powered on? You'd have to wire in a male USB connector to the correct points on the board to make that work. Am I in the ballpark? That seems like an ugly way to neuter a pineapple and not really an option for a pineapple slice kit?

In my answer I was trying to stick with the design of the Pineapple with the available ports... I'm assuming you're talking about interfacing with the Realtek on the PCB were it connects to the USB bus. Most likely while the Pineapple is not powered on? You'd have to wire in a male USB connector to the correct points on the board to make that work. Am I in the ballpark? That seems like an ugly way to neuter a pineapple and not really an option for a pineapple slice kit?

Actually it's a bit easier than that. Follow the traces from these pads and see. That said this is absolutely 100% void warranty stuff. It's more or less a developer Easter egg so don't come crying if you let out the magic smoke or your genitalia falls off.

rJdmi4Rl.jpg

You're trying to use the pineapple as a USB dongle.... The problem is both your laptop and the Pineapple have female powered ports. If you found a cable that was Male/Male USB and actually plugged it in, at the very least your pineapple will fry. I can't even say what would happen to your laptop. Why would you want to do this anyway? If you want a WiFi USB dongle get an Alfa. The Pineapple itself is capable of doing the same thing as the Fern program in Kali.

I understand.

I was just thinking it would be neat to use it this way, as well. I suppose. I know that the Pineapple is capable of doing the same things as Fern...Fern is really just a GUI of Aircrack from what I can tell lol.