Please help with Wireless Network Modem Public IP

r4v37t

Is it like a MyFi or something that you can log into the router side of the wifi, set up port forwarding, or is it a direct USB to PC connection? If its a stand alone device not connected, you should be able to log on to it(read the manual) to setup the wifi side. Otherwise, read the manual on what its capabilities are over direct connection to the modem, it may not offer you the same abilities as something like wifi hotspot devices.

I have a MyFi from Virgin, but I don't have mine charged and paid up, so I can't log onto it to look at the router side configuration, but thats where I would start, in setting up the wifi side from the admin interface, what options there are for port forwarding(depending on the device) and if it has DynDNS capabilities since your IP is going to change a lot on cell networks when roaming around.

ipchicken.com should show you the IP, but you'd still need to port forward any service you're trying to reach on the machine using the connection. They work like a regular home router in most devices, but depending on the plan and device, may not offer you the options. Something like TeamViewer would be able to work around this since it doesn't need port forwarding to get around NAT but what exactly are you trying to do/connect to the machine with to do what?

If its that you can't get connected to the internet at all over the device, call the carrier you bought the device from for help in setting it up and check if it came with an install disk, the drivers might not work on win8 as mentioned above, if its a directly connected device, or you may need to enable Safe Mode(disable by default on most Win8 systems) from within windows, reboot into safe mode and disable driver signing if it won't install properly if it doesn't like the drivers or let you install them.

Has the modem win8 drivers?

yes, I've installed the driver

Is it like a MyFi or something that you can log into the router side of the wifi, set up port forwarding, or is it a direct USB to PC connection? If its a stand alone device not connected, you should be able to log on to it(read the manual) to setup the wifi side. Otherwise, read the manual on what its capabilities are over direct connection to the modem, it may not offer you the same abilities as something like wifi hotspot devices.

I have a MyFi from Virgin, but I don't have mine charged and paid up, so I can't log onto it to look at the router side configuration, but thats where I would start, in setting up the wifi side from the admin interface, what options there are for port forwarding(depending on the device) and if it has DynDNS capabilities since your IP is going to change a lot on cell networks when roaming around.

ipchicken.com should show you the IP, but you'd still need to port forward any service you're trying to reach on the machine using the connection. They work like a regular home router in most devices, but depending on the plan and device, may not offer you the options. Something like TeamViewer would be able to work around this since it doesn't need port forwarding to get around NAT but what exactly are you trying to do/connect to the machine with to do what?

If its that you can't get connected to the internet at all over the device, call the carrier you bought the device from for help in setting it up and check if it came with an install disk, the drivers might not work on win8 as mentioned above, if its a directly connected device, or you may need to enable Safe Mode(disable by default on most Win8 systems) from within windows, reboot into safe mode and disable driver signing if it won't install properly if it doesn't like the drivers or let you install them.

I bought this product http://www.prolink2u.com/new/products/index.php?cid=305

this is result from www.ipchiken.com ( https://app.box.com/s/vt5d4t8z7ie93z1l9xjh )

and this is result from my adapter status details ( https://app.box.com/s/94ne2y43uc4er4rb7iao )

Hmm, is the problem you want to connect to the device from outside?

If so. It can be that the provider is blocking this kind of connection. ( i know in my country that it was impossible with a non-busniness account to do ipsec/pptp vpn connections )

Also a few got the habbit over here to block sub 1024 ports for non-busniness.