Elite cases set-ups

Sanukk

Hi All

I got my Mk.V and elite kit the other day (cost thirty quid on duty, but that can't be helped), I was a little surprised that the antenna holes were not pre-drilled, but that's fine as I can pick where I want them myself. And this is where the problem started, give me free range on something and I'll over think it LOL

Initially I was just going to just bung a hole in each side and that's that, but then I started thinking about the lan connector, and the power, if I'm putting holes in the case I may as well do the job right.

What have other people done, what connectors go though the case (and where), and which don't, and why?

~S

We don't pre-drill since many customers like the discrete look without the antennas poking out. Just a 1/4" hole will do. I've seen marine attachments for Ethernet.

No, I don't have any problem with it not being pre-drilled, I'm perfectly happy to do it myself. I was just curious to see/read what others had done.

I'm not planning to pen test any submarines at full depth from the outside (or the inside for that matter), so not overly worried about keeping the case air tight LOL

~S

Does just leaving the antennas in the case have a large drop in signal quality?

It's nearly insignificant. The orientation (vertical vs horizontal) will have a higher impact than the quarter inch of plastic. It does look pretty 1337 with the antennas sticking out, but it's more discrete without.

Thanks, I'm not sure how I missed that thread.