1.0.1 update | radio 0/1 switch

King Crimson

Updated firmware to 1.0.1. Did a reset and I get radio0-wlan1/radio1-wlan0.

Physical Interfaces radio0 wlan1 enabled [00:13:37:89:80:20] [Random Mac] radio1 wlan0 enabled [00:13:37:a5:0b:04] [Random Mac]

I am unable to start Karma while it is like this. After I do a "rm /etc/config/wireless && wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless && reboot" to fix it, the connections become so unresponsive that I am unable to even download infusions.....but Karma works. :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Thank you...

Edited by King Crimson

Yeah, I am having the same issue, and posted it a few hours ago in the 1.0.1 firmware thread. Actually, the issue may have gottem worse for me after the firmware bump. Before I would get the radio0-wlan1/radio1-wlan0 issue only after a reset, and as soon as I fixed it, it wouldn't reappear until another reset. Now I have the same issue, only it seems to reoccur once and awhile, even without a reset. Moreover, on occasion, eth0 shows up as radio0 as well.

Edited by jdoe

Thank you for your reply jdoe. I bought the pineapple because it is grassroots-ey lol and I like what they are trying to do, but I am really starting to get miffed with all this. Seems like I fix one thing that breaks two other things. XD Anyway, if you find anything out, can you shoot me a quick message or link to the fix? I am leaving the switch as is for now because at least I can pass through with no major lag.

Thanx again

Yeah, I am having the same issue, and posted it a few hours ago in the 1.0.1 firmware thread. Actually, the issue may have gottem worse for me after the firmware bump. Before I would get the radio0-wlan1/radio1-wlan0 issue only after a reset, and as soon as I fixed it, it wouldn't reappear until another reset. Now I have the same issue, only it seems to reoccur once and awhile, even without a reset. Moreover, on occasion, eth0 shows up as radio0 as well.

Edited by King Crimson

Updated firmware to 1.0.1. Did a reset and I get radio0-wlan1/radio1-wlan0.

Physical Interfaces radio0 wlan1 enabled [00:13:37:89:80:20] [Random Mac] radio1 wlan0 enabled [00:13:37:a5:0b:04] [Random Mac]

I am unable to start Karma while it is like this. After I do a "rm /etc/config/wireless && wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless && reboot" to fix it, the connections become so unresponsive that I am unable to even download infusions.....but Karma works. :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Thank you...

The issue with the reset seems to only been fixed partially. There seem to have been two bugs, one of which was fixed. I have found the second bug and will push a 1.0.2 upgrade later tonight probably. Otherwise tomorrow. Either way, the fix we implemented (and any other changes) cannot affect your wireless stability. At all. All we are doing is resetting the configuration on a reset. Running wifi detect does what it did before..

No idea what issue you are having, sounds odd. Our fix definitely doesn't cause this though..

Anyway, fix will be pushed asap.

I hear ya. I have just put the mkv away for now. Will stay tuned though :)

Yeah, no worries here either. Given another update is coming so soon, I'm just going to hold off until the 1.0.2 release and then I'll let ya know if I'm still having an issue.

************Update*************

Went ahead and reflashed using 1.0.1. I repartitioned the sd so I know there is room.

So far,

radio0/wlan0, radio1/wlan1

Karma is working

So my next question is: Is RandomRoll safe to install now?

Not trying to be a smartass, just tired of resetting and reflashing.

KC

********** UPDATE *************

Finally having some fun. DNSspoof is working like a charm. Been sending my daughter to www.smellypoop.com all night; much to her chagrin. :lol:

Now if I can just get ettercap working. Ah well, baby steps.......baby steps.......

Edited by King Crimson

************Update*************

Went ahead and reflashed using 1.0.1. I repartitioned the sd so I know there is room.

So far,

radio0/wlan0, radio1/wlan1

Karma is working

So my next question is: Is RandomRoll safe to install now?

Not trying to be a smartass, just tired of resetting and reflashing.

KC

RR has never been unsafe to install...

********** UPDATE *************

Finally having some fun. DNSspoof is working like a charm. Been sending my daughter to www.smellypoop.com all night; much to her chagrin. :lol:

Now if I can just get ettercap working. Ah well, baby steps.......baby steps.......

Good news !

After RR has been installed or you did something else ?

The other night when I was testing your changes to RR to fix the 1.0.1 to 1.1 version changes you were making, it jammed me up. Once I installed the 1.2 you put out there, the RR panel wasn't added to the dashboard. 1.2 didn't show that it was installed and when I tried to download 1.1 it would stall. What ever the problem was, the reflash fixed it. I did have a problem downloading it after the reflash but this time it wasn't RR's fault. The tarball download stalled and I shelled in and did a file touch in /sd. OS complained that /sd was mounted read only. I looked in fstab to see what the entry was and it was "/dev/sda1 /sd auto rw,sync 0 0". not knowing what else to do, I did the now obligatory reboot and when the pineapple came back up, /sd was mounted read/write. ::shrugs:: RR installed fine after that. Trolololol isn't working though. :(

How has RR been unsafe to install KingCrimson?

Edited by King Crimson

It was working before and after I installed RR. BTW, RR is working overall but my favorite one, Trolololol isn't working. Makes me sad. ::sniff:::

Good news !

After RR has been installed or you did something else ?