Help Please!

So I just received my Rubber Ducky and was very excited to start the learning process on the scripting and writing payloads and having some fun, but to my demise, I download the encoder, and open the .jar file and nothing open. I first off made sure I have JAva updated and downloaded which I do. Then checked the encoder version, which it was v1.0. So I tried a few more times and nothing happened. Nothing opened. So I searched for different encoders. I got v2.4, 2.5, and v2.6 and none of them work for me. I am running Windows 7 64-bit. Is there anything I can do to get this to work? If someone can help with a simple explanation, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you.

-Valor

what is the output from the command-line?

The jar files are command-line based, not gui based?

From a cmd prompt, navigate to the directory containing the encoder and type:

java -jar encoder.jar
Edited by midnitesnake

a jar file is a zipped container depending on how you installed winrar, it may have registered that .jar's are to be opened with winrar.

open a cmd.exe (command prompt), and navigate to the same directory as the jar, and run the command I specified above.

if you unfamiliar with the command prompt (cmd.exe) i suggest reading http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-use-dos-command-prompt/

Windows 7

1. Select Computer from the Start menu

Choose System Properties from the context menu

Click Advanced system settings > Advanced tab

Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.

In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.

Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

Java JDK is different from JRE (runtime), you may need to install jdk7-downloads-1880260.html

If your still having issues you could try my online encoder

http://www.ducktoolkit.com/IDE.jsp

Just stick the contents of your .txt file in the text box, select a language and encode.

Its not perfect but it works.

Do I need to do any updating or flashing on the ducky before some things work? Because I try some payloads and just hear the computer making some ding noises as if it were pushing key combos that don't work/ exist..

Do I need to do any updating or flashing on the ducky before some things work? Because I try some payloads and just hear the computer making some ding noises as if it were pushing key combos that don't work/ exist..

Err it definately shouldnt be doing that. You don't need to flash the duck or anything, aslong as you are using Windows 7, 8 or Server 2008 and have selected the right keyboard layout it should work fine.

Would you mind messaging me one of the .txt files so i can try it and see whats happening?