Foxtrot

So I just watched this video, and its amazing.

The idea of having a phone that does this is simply incredible, however, it seems it has some flaws on how it works.

How would you just be able to put the charge port in another place? With WLAN and Bluetooth modules, this could be possible because the OS (Android ftw) could detect a new device on the bus and deploy the correct kernel mod, Put CPU and Power, wat?

Please share your thoughts on this :D

PhoneBloks

So I just watched this video, and its amazing.

The idea of having a phone that does this is simply incredible, however, it seems it has some flaws on how it works.

How would you just be able to put the charge port in another place? With WLAN and Bluetooth modules, this could be possible because the OS (Android ftw) could detect a new device on the bus and deploy the correct kernel mod, Put CPU and Power, wat?

Please share your thoughts on this :D

PhoneBloks

It looks like each block has 4 connectors so i would guess it either uses a low power signal to find out what the block is and then sends that amount of power or maybe the CPU block has its own voltage regulator? I am sure it would be possible and it is a very cool concept.

It looks like each block has 4 connectors so i would guess it either uses a low power signal to find out what the block is and then sends that amount of power or maybe the CPU block has its own voltage regulator? I am sure it would be possible and it is a very cool concept.

Good idea.

I also like the idea of having the ability to build your own blocks. Solar powered batterys :)

Maybe they might have full USB or Ethernet LOL :D

Edited by Foxtrot