e392 huawei on firmware 3.0?

dutchdog

anyone got the huawei e392 working on 3.0?

modem starts, initilazes, blinks, all looks normal, but no internet through this dongle.

works fine in my other router.

i thought 3.0 supported 300 modems out of the box. if this one is not included, please tell me what i must do to get it working? thanks.

anyone got the huawei e392 working on 3.0?

modem starts, initilazes, blinks, all looks normal, but no internet through this dongle.

works fine in my other router.

i thought 3.0 supported 300 modems out of the box. if this one is not included, please tell me what i must do to get it working? thanks.

It does. Did you configure the carrier details?

I have the pineapple working with android tethering but not as yet with my E392 dongle.

I asume you mean the mobile configuration tab as dont have a 3g tab

there I can update this:

I have no clue what to fill in in all of this.. I know I dont need an username and PW and that my APN is internet.

Help? (BTW the link is broken -> http://wifipineapple,com/modems) ;)

sorry for being a total noob. I do appreciate your help and I hope my posts help other people later down the line as well.

Do you mean I cant user the interface and must SSH somewhere and change there?

I find it strange that the modem initiliazes, like exactly same as my normal router but doesnt go to 3g

My phone tethered is plug and play.

xkbt.jpg

Edited by dutchdog

Success!

I ended up analyzing one of the old 3g scripts and used that to fill everything in.

After windows did a network not working check with no results everything started to work.. (dont know if my settings made a difference) :ph34r:

The only thing I am wondering as this is a 4g dongle, if i must change protocol and service to get 4g speeds.

Will test that later but I know for sure this SIM is capped to 3g only although LTE modem. Results:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2919878377

mkyx.jpg

Posted from my pineapple on firmware 3.0 using a huawei E392 dongle. :wub:

Edited by dutchdog

Success!

I ended up analyzing one of the old 3g scripts and used that to fill everything in.

After windows did a network not working check with no results everything started to work.. (dont know if my settings made a difference) :ph34r:

The only thing I am wondering as this is a 4g dongle, if i must change protocol and service to get 4g speeds.

Will test that later but I know for sure this SIM is capped to 3g only although LTE modem. Results:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2919878377

mkyx.jpg

Posted from my pineapple on firmware 3.0 using a huawei E392 dongle. :wub:

Are you using tmobile?