Defective Pineapple

I purchased a pineapple from the hakshop last week, and it appears to be defective. The wifi signal is so weak that I can only connect to it if I am within 10 feet of it. If I scan for AP's in network manager, I can only see an AP is the pineapple is right beside it. I have tried refashing the firmware, replaced the antenna, and the antenna lead, but nothing has helped. I have tried contacting hakshop through email and their website form about exchanging it, but have not received a response. Is there a better way of getting ahold of somebody to get this thing exchanged?

If you are familiar with irc you could try to contact an admin on there if you can't seem to get a hold of anyone via the hakshop email. I think they are pretty busy with Defcon and the new release of the 3.0 wifi Pineapple firmware.

I had the same issue with some antennas and replaced the antenna and a new cable. I also made sure to tighten the rp sma connector down nice and snug so there wouldn't be any issues of twisting the cable apart.

I have had the same issue for a while now, when i upgraded to 2.8.1 its like all of a sudden you have to be within 10 feet for it to work. My txpower is 18dBm, my antenna cable wasent loose from the board, i tried diffrent antennas diffrent power supplies both wall and batterypack but still the same. When i run sitesurvey i can also only see the AP's if im right next to them.

Very common problem... It happend to me as well. It has nothing to do with firmware. The cable didn't look broken and didn't seem defective but when i replaced it with one from Amazon the pineapple started to work properly again. The new cable was 2$ i think... It's got to be a manufacturing defect from Alfa. Not much the Hakshop can do but alert Afla to the problem.

Very common problem... It happend to me as well. It has nothing to do with firmware. The cable didn't look broken and didn't seem defective but when i replaced it with one from Amazon the pineapple started to work properly again. The new cable was 2$ i think... It's got to be a manufacturing defect from Alfa. Not much the Hakshop can do but alert Afla to the problem.

I tried replacing mine with a used one, but it did not fix it. I just ordered 4 more, guess I'll wait for those and see if a new one will fix it.

Aye, replaced mine with a heavy dutier looking one, and it works perfectly now.

Do you remember the brand by any chance? clearly im going to have to order a new one as well.

I purchased a pineapple from the hakshop last week, and it appears to be defective. The wifi signal is so weak that I can only connect to it if I am within 10 feet of it. If I scan for AP's in network manager, I can only see an AP is the pineapple is right beside it. I have tried refashing the firmware, replaced the antenna, and the antenna lead, but nothing has helped. I have tried contacting hakshop through email and their website form about exchanging it, but have not received a response. Is there a better way of getting ahold of somebody to get this thing exchanged?

They probably wont email you back right away, one time it took up to 4 days for me to hear back from them. Just stay patient and they will hit you back, they are very good with customer service.

I just picked a short one on Amazon when searching for IPX to RP SMA. The ones I got are similar to the one below, heat shielding and everything....

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Power-Supply®-Wireless-WN2500RP/dp/B00DJF04FE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1375500652&sr=8-9&keywords=ipx+rp+sma

Edited by thesugarat

Are you talking about what appears to be a tiny ferrite core on the cable? I'm not exactly sure what it is but that photo is almost an exact duplicate of the ones I purchased, ferrite core and all. It works perfectly...