Karma never reals in the clients

There's a beta firmware, 2.8.1, it should fix the problems with karma.

https://wifipineapple.com/?portal&home

I was reading in the thread earlier that it bricked some peoples pineapples. Don't want that to happen, but I'm willing to try anything. Before I try, anyone else know what might be wrong?

Edited by I suck at hacking

I was scared from what happened to deathdealerxx too, but I can confirm that I haven't had a single problem with it either. It seems like that was just a fluke thing that had nothing to do with the fw. Don't be scared to flash it. There is nothing in it that causes bricks.

And I'm also new to OpenWRT/Jasager/Karma. You don't have to be elite to contribute back to the community by helping test the fw. Just flash it, test what you're asked to test, and type out how your tests went. Nothing unreasonable or difficult is asked of you.

Edited by kpoeticg

I was scared from what happened to deathdealerxx too, but I can confirm that I haven't had a single problem with it either. It seems like that was just a fluke thing that had nothing to do with the fw. Don't be scared to flash it. There is nothing in it that causes bricks.

And I'm also new to OpenWRT/Jasager/Karma. You don't have to be elite to contribute back to the community by helping test the fw. Just flash it, test what you're asked to test, and type out how your tests went. Nothing unreasonable or difficult is asked of you.

I did upgrade to 2.8.1 and everything has been working smoothly except for one thing, but that problem is a module and nothing to do with the actual firmware upgrade I believe. The issue is that wifi jammer keeps on trying to use wlan0 interface no matter how many times I select wlan1

Maybe uninstall wifi jammer then? I donno.

I can add that the new beta has NOT bricked my router. It's safe.

The reason you are seeing those people probing but not connecting is that they are probably probing for WPA/WPA2/WEP networks and not OPEN ones. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that's why. KARMA isn't going to work on those so it doesn't bother trying to impersonate them.

the way karma "gets" people is that they hopefully have a list of trusted, previosuly connected-to networks on their computer like this:

MyHomeNetwork - WPA2

MySchoolsNetwork - WPA

ThatCoffeeShopIJoinedOnce - OPEN

Karma will impersonate the coffeeshop one and the probing client will connect to it because it's the only one available (or the one with the highest signal)

I tried uninstall and reinstalling the wifi jammer but every time it keeps on trying to deauth on wlan0 instead of wlan1. My wlan1 device is a netgear wg111v3

I finally got my phone to connect to the pineapple, but the internets doesn't work. I opened up wire shark and see this error: Who has 192.168.1.1? Tell 192.168.1.149

Edited by I suck at hacking