(Question) Best Wifi booster for the Mark IV?

Reasonably priced though, I need a stronger signal and was wondering what is the best out there that will work with the Mark IV.

Anything that you can screw into a RP-SMA connector.

Well yes but you must have one that you like the most Protocal.

I don't think stronger is necessarily what I need. Sometimes I need to be a bit stealthier so I go with the tiny 4 dBi and place myself reasonably close to target, if it's a wide area that I'm trying to survey of if I'm asked to assess what can be done from the Lobby then I'll use the 9 dBi. If I need to be in the parking lot or the building across the road I go with the Hawking for power and also because it's somewhat directional (meh, hit or miss - also, I didn't take a picture of the tripod I use with the Hawking)

That 6 dBi though is the one that is in my bag ALL the time. it's just a really good compromise between dBi's and length. If I'm ever doing security awareness training and I need to do something on the spot that's the antenna I go for.

Screenshot_5_10_13_8_35_AM-2.png

I've been going back and forth for about a month on what the best long range antenna i can get for the money. I've been trying to decide between the Backfire that sugarat posted Here http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/29422-what-is-the-best-antenna-you-have-for-your-setup-for-advance-case-project/?hl=antenna , The Bilco Wifi yagi Here http://www.bilcowifi.com/main.sc , and the yagi from simpleWiFi that you just posted. What's you're experience with the simpleWiFi yagi Mr-Protocol?

One of the paradoxes I've found with antennas is that bigger is not necesarily better. When I purchased my Alfas, they came with a 2ft long antenna that I was all excited about but then discovered after testing was much worse than the stock 6incher.

That cantenna looks cool but I think I'd get shot driving around my neighborhood with it. People would think I had a gun. I'm much more interested in buildiing the classic Pringles cantenna. It would be much stealthier!

Actually you can order that one that he posted in a bunch of colors including clear and clear with colored accents

I don't think any1 would merk u for a clear cantenna with a pink yagi in the middle =]

Edited by kpoeticg