DNSSpoof not redirecting

• Pineapple Hardware Version (ex: Mark III, Mark IV, etc.): Mark IV
  • Pineapple Software Version (ex: 2.5.0, 2.6.4): 2.8.0
  • OS used to connect to the pineapple: CentOS 6
  • Network layout of how your setup is connected (including IP information): Pineapple is connected to laptop, Laptop is connected to wireless Internet. ICS is set up. The pineapple uses the standard 172.16.42.1 address while the PC is on the 192.168.25.x network
  • Is the problem repeatable (Yes/No): yes
  • Steps taken which created the problem: Pasted custom HTML into the landing page box. If I browse to 172.16.42.1, I see the page. Turn on DNS spoof. Originally tried to go to a specific site and have it re-direct to 172.16.42.1. Then I tried to send all webpages to 172.16.42.1 using the entry 172.16.42.1 * Nothing at all redirects.
  • Error Messages: None.

I can't get DNSspoof to work. I have it configured and running but nothing is redirecting to 172.16.42.1, but just goes to the actual site.

Remember, if you set a custom DNS to be used on your device dnsspoof will not work.

Sorry been busy all day. I'm not sure if you mean a custom DNs on the client or on the MarkIV. The client primary DNS is 172.16.42.1 which is the MarkIV. Secondary is opendns. I didn't set those so assume they are stock on the MarkIV.

I'm assuming that is correct since for it to work the MarkIV would need to be the DNS server.

I got it to work with a * in DNSspoof but obviously all items get redirected.

I can't get it to work with a single Address. So if I redirect google.com to 172.16.42.1, it won't work at all, just takes me straight to google.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the hosts table should read:

172.16.42.1 www.google.com

Or something like

172.16.42.1 *.google.com

Using a wild card.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Edited by drbearsec

Ill take a look. Anything on captive login portals? So when first joining the pineapple AP present with a wifi login page? I know some people were looking at creating modules but didnt find any out there.

Yes theres a post about something called nodogsplash.

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/25543-captive-portal-on-the-mark-iii/ Idk if it will work as is with the mark IV but worth a shot.

Here I made a short video trying to explain how I got mine setup.

Edited by deathdealerxx

Well I think there are several ways to hide those extensions. Could one of them be renaming a file from this example.com/filename.html to example.com/filename/index.html?

I don't know if that would work, or if there is a better way though, my pineapple is down for the moment.. waiting to get a usb to ttl cable to reflash. :(

But how do you hide the extensions from the browser?