Connecting to Mark IV with galaxy s3

Cap_Sig

Hello

I have had a Mark IV for a few months now. I am wanting to be able to connect to my pineapple with my galaxy s3. I have tried setting my ip to static and us all the required addressing but I think there is a compatibility problem for the login. Any help is greatly appreciated!

So you would leave your phones wifi settings normal, you don't need to set a static ip. Once you connect to the pinepples wifi then you would type 172.16.42.1:1471 into your phones browser and your username and password is root and pineapplesareyummy. make sure you change the password once you log in to the ui.

I have also tried that. When I try to connect the browser just tries to refesh the last web page I was on then says site unavailable. I have also tried to with the chrome browser app. It will actually try to load the redirect. php but then just returns to the chome default page. Doesnt really make any sense to me.

I have also tried that. When I try to connect the browser just tries to refesh the last web page I was on then says site unavailable. I have also tried to with the chrome browser app. It will actually try to load the redirect. php but then just returns to the chome default page. Doesnt really make any sense to me.

Are you sure you are going to 172.16.42.1:1471 instead of 172.16.42.1/pineapple ?

That is what it sounds like.

I had a similar problem and had to reboot pineapple to switch from laptop connection sharing to S3 tethering. Now I can see the public internet IP on pineapple UI and I can verify the internet connectivity on the phone. But when I try to connect using another laptop to test it cannot connect to internet. It is assigned an IP address and router shows as 172.16.42.1. I tried it with an iPad too to no avail. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks.