5 volt battery input

WallE

Oh well I purchased 2 power bank battery for my 2 wifi pineapple but I just read that 5volt input was not working. So here what I bought

Specifications:
Battery cell: Lithium Polymer
Product Dimension:97*64*24.5mm
Input Voltage: 5V
Input Current: 1000mA
Capacity: 10,000mAh
Working temperature: -10 degree to 40 degree
Storage temperature: -20 degree to +50 degree
Product weight: 190g
Package includes:
1 x 10000mah Power Bank,
1 x USB Connect Cable with 3 connectors
1 x User Manual
Item No.:80611

I was wondering if it could work on my wifi pineapple, also do you have any idea of what powered hub I could buy in ASIA without burning my wifi pineapple? I know there is already many post about that but everything I saw doesn't ship in Thailand unfortunately.

Looks similar to whats in the hak shop http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/accessory/products/usb-battery-pack-3200mah

Do you know the output current (Amps) before plugging it in? If its similar to ones on the internet you might have 1x 2A & 1x 1A port?

If it is similar to the hakshop one, all you need is http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/accessory/products/usb-power-cable to connect it to the pineapple.

Finaly I bought the F4U040 because I find one good comment on this website.

Here is the output of my battery can you confirm this setting will work and not do any harm to my brand new wifi pineapple?

USB hub: Belkin F4u040
Battery: I bougt 2

10 000mAh

output DC 5V/1A/2A
Input DC 5V/1A

And the other one is:

8000mAh

Ouput DC 5V 2A/0.6A
Input: DC 5V/1A

Note that I have 2 wifi pineapple that I want to connect in TANGO mode.

Actually I find this pic, on this pic he is plugging both his pineapple on the Battery bank.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85358625@N08/7813085346/in/photostream

(Credit to Neworld setting)

So I just put plug one pineapple on 2A usb hole and the other one on 1A usb hole right?

So please tell me which battery I should use, and if I can use both at the same time, and if this setting will actually work without problem.

Thanks you and please give me some support for this I bought those kit for 300$ and I want it to work.

Edited by WallE

Wait, seriously? I just ordered an anker ............

The Anker astro 3 works just fine.

The 3e should work just fine over USB too (doesn't have the barrel I believe).

If vito72 has a DC out then he should have the astro 3 and not 3e.

Either way, there is no backfeeding as long as you correctly power the pineapple:

USB to barrel - works

DC out to barrel - works

USB to USB - works but is backfeeding power / not a great idea and will probably fry at some point.

If you give the Pineapple power over the DC out there will not be any power issues.

If you give the Pineapple power over USB and want to attach a hub, power that over USB too. You have two USB power outs, use them.

I have the astro 3 and it works great.

Finaly I bought the F4U040 because I find one good comment on this website.

Here is the output of my battery can you confirm this setting will work and not do any harm to my brand new wifi pineapple?

USB hub: Belkin F4u040

Battery: I bougt 2

10 000mAh

output DC 5V/1A/2A

Input DC 5V/1A

And the other one is:

8000mAh

Ouput DC 5V 2A/0.6A

Input: DC 5V/1A

Note that I have 2 wifi pineapple that I want to connect in TANGO mode.

Actually I find this pic, on this pic he is plugging both his pineapple on the Battery bank.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85358625@N08/7813085346/in/photostream

(Credit to Neworld setting)

So I just put plug one pineapple on 2A usb hole and the other one on 1A usb hole right?

So please tell me which battery I should use, and if I can use both at the same time, and if this setting will actually work without problem.

Thanks you and please give me some support for this I bought those kit for 300$ and I want it to work.

He is only using one Pineapple. The other device is a Rasperry Pi.

Hi there,

As mentioned, I have the Astro 3 E has no DC barrel adapter in the package, but comes with two USB ports that deliver 1a and 2a over 5V.

I tried the USB to barrel cable to feed the MkIV but there is no power on.. I thought about feeding it into the USB through a hub.. But since I am already the proud owner of a fried Pineapple due to a double charging serial jtag mishap I wanted to avoid sacrificing another one..

If I understand the story above correctly though you are back feeding the Pineapple through a Belkin powered USB hub?

I wanted to experiment with the 8xAA battery method mentioned elsewhere in the forum and at a later stage I will buy the Astro 3 since they seem to be the best for the Pineapple.

Just to be clear.. the Astro 3E has two USB ports to power small devices. One is called Android and the other Apple.. it comes with various adapter plugs for various smartphones. it DOES NOT have a dc out, just the two USB's it has a mini USB on the side and that is to charge the battery itself.

The cable I mentioned before in my post is a USB to DC cable as sold in the Hackshop.

Connecting the USB part with that cable to the DC of the pineapple did not result in a power up or lights on. Tried both ports and the battery is fully charged (4 blue lights).

Now if it will work from Astro USB to Pineapple USB I don´t know and am a bit scared to try to be honest.