Reset button does nothing. How can I factory reset?

shutin

So I forgot my root password after changing it from the default. How can I get back to the factory defaults? I've tried:

1) holding down reset for 10 seconds, then ssh'ing in. default password does not work

2) holding reset for 10 seconds, waiting 5 minutes, sshing in, default password does not work.

3) holding reset for 10 seconds while powering on, etc, etc

Does the reset button do ANYTHING? Am I stuck having to buy a UART cable and go through all the clean flash steps in order to get this thing back to stock? Is there a way to boot into failsafe mode (it is openwrt after all) and flash an image?

firmware 2.8.0

able to ssh, load web interface (with login prompt, etc)

Thanks for any help.

Jesus Christ.

After hours of trying I discovered the solution. Turn your pineapple on, hold down reset for A MERE FIVE SECONDS TOPS. None of this 10 second crap. You should see the LEDS turn off and back on and then check your wifi to see a default pineapple broadcasting. I can't believe I was holding the damn reset button for 10 seconds and that was what kept making it fail. I was ready to buy another one.

Jesus Christ.

After hours of trying I discovered the solution. Turn your pineapple on, hold down reset for A MERE FIVE SECONDS TOPS. None of this 10 second crap. You should see the LEDS turn off and back on and then check your wifi to see a default pineapple broadcasting. I can't believe I was holding the damn reset button for 10 seconds and that was what kept making it fail. I was ready to buy another one.

mark the thread as solved then :)

-Foxtrot

Jesus Christ.

As we state: 5-10 seconds. 10.00001 is too long.