Problem Getting external USB working on Pineapple IV

Scanner Martel

Hello all,

2 part question. First, cant seem to get my little 4gig san disk working on the pineapple mk4. I've got it formated to Ext4 and partitioned to an 80-20 split. When i plug it in. the USB light comes on and the disk is listed in the lsusb Output tab as "Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0781:5530 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer". I did the whole "mkswap /dev/sda2" command in advanced. The problem is that when i check the resources tab the disk space hasnt done up. The one thing i havent done that the pineapple booklet says is that because im formating and partitioning with windows minipartition tool instead of linux the process was a little different. I didnt see an option uncheck the take ownership box because there didnt seem to bee one. Is this a major problem, and is this normally enabled by default?

Second question is if im not concerned about battery life can i just use a toshiba external HDD thats got two Ext4 partitions to store data. I have the drive partitioned into about 4 parts. 2 of which are the 80-20 split and ext4 format. It has the same problem as the little san disk. i.e shows up in the lsusb output but doesnt acctually increase disk space.

Let me know what u think the deal is. Thanks

Edited by Scanner Martel

After issuing the mkswap command did you reboot the pineapple? You need to if you didn't. Then check the status. I'm not sure about the "take ownership" default as I always use Linux to make a linux filesystem. If all else fails, get Ubuntu or BT or whatever your flavor and run a VM of the OS. Run gparted to setup the drive. Same with the Hard Drive.