Elite Bundle DIY

jiffyloose

I will post a picture of mine that I built from scratch, when I get off work. I used a shock proof backup hard drive case. Luckily there was a good amount of foam that was already inside the case and cutting the foam allowed for everything to fit perfect. I would make sure to drill a hole for air as it can get really hot if it is completely sealed off. I am actually thinking about wiring the box up (LAN, WAN) ports and installing a wall plate on the box with 2 Ethernet jacks. (One LAN and One WAN) So I don't have to keep pulling Ethernet through the exhaust hole that I drilled. Anyways, I will post some pics later tonight for ya.

-Stealthkit

Well I get 12 or so of those System 5 *Server Backup Solution* hard drive cases every year when they give us the new drives and they come with more cases. They make good gun cases but I was just trying to make something out of them. At least I have some room for expansion... lol In my defense I tried repeatly to upload the pics to this forum and they all failed every time. I didn't think that you needed a login to view those pictures as they are in my public folder on my sky drive. Free space is free space. anyways here ya go

-Stealthkit

http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/1872/645839351109685570013543954533e3EsEMGH1esDWmaqDcs.JPG

http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2034/8339129232743785871354395579FA8BcGgi8D1YCK2YtUve.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have everything stuffed in the box not but I am getting some weird things. I have the pineapple juice for power...and I am using the hak5 powered usb hub. I have the red plug into the juice from hub. Then the pineapple is plugged in via barrel to usb to hub. I have the black male end plugged into the usb port on the pineapple.

Once it is booted I plug in the alfa adapter (black one) run the wireless script. I get connected but then it drops.

I also use a 16g sd sans fit...but I took this out to try to eliminate things.

please help!

Well I have everything stuffed in the box not but I am getting some weird things. I have the pineapple juice for power...and I am using the hak5 powered usb hub. I have the red plug into the juice from hub. Then the pineapple is plugged in via barrel to usb to hub. I have the black male end plugged into the usb port on the pineapple.

Once it is booted I plug in the alfa adapter (black one) run the wireless script. I get connected but then it drops.

I also use a 16g sd sans fit...but I took this out to try to eliminate things.

please help!

I heard Jiffy, that you don't use the red on the USB hub. So only use the black usb and plug in to the Pineapple Juice and then use another black into the usb of the Pineapple. You will need to use one of the black usb for your usb stick. For your WIFI, you will use the mini usb connector on the usb hub and plug directly into Alfa. I am not for sure but I believe that is what I read in another post somewhere.

PS: I know I heard you need to cut a cable in the hub to keep it from back feeding your pineapple. Do a couple of forum searches as I have seen it in the forums. RESEARCH IS GOLDEN. I would track it down for you but I have to get off. Good Luck

I thought I might as well reflash just to rule that out. But I still get dropped one "a client" start surfing internet. I did get the following from the dmesg.

[ 264.640000] ieee80211 phy1: Atheros AR9271 Rev:1

[ 264.650000] Registered led device: ath9k_htc-phy1

[ 345.070000] wlan1: authenticate with 00:18:f8:31:fe:5e

[ 345.740000] wlan1: send auth to 00:18:f8:31:fe:5e (try 1/3)

[ 345.750000] wlan1: authenticated

[ 345.750000] ath9k_htc 1-1.1:1.0: wlan1: disabling HT as WMM/QoS is not suppor

[ 346.100000] wlan1: associate with 00:18:f8:31:fe:5e (try 1/3)

[ 346.100000] wlan1: RX AssocResp from 00:18:f8:31:fe:5e (capab=0x401 status=0

[ 346.130000] wlan1: associated

[ 636.060000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 637.070000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 638.080000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 639.090000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 640.100000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 640.100000] hub 1-1:1.0: Cannot enable port 3. Maybe the USB cable is bad?

[ 641.120000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot disable port 3 (err = -145)

[ 642.130000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 643.140000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 644.150000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 645.160000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

[ 646.170000] hub 1-1:1.0: cannot reset port 3 (err = -145)

Jiffy, give my recommendation on wiring up your hub a try as you could possibly not getting enough power to the Alfa. I have heard that only using the black usb ports on the hak5 power usb hub works perfectly. I could be wrong but it is better than where you are at right now. Right ;)

Well it looks like the pineapple juice .... Cannot power the pineapple and an Alfa adapter. I find this weird because that is what is sold in the elite pack. If I run the pineapple with a 16g sd fit off the battery there is no problems. I just have to plug in a cat5 to the net book.

Stealthkit I understand what u are saying I I did cut the red wire on the male black usb. It does not back feed but doesn't work either. If I don't use the red plug.. How do I plug in that would leave me with a data only male but I need to connect to pineapple and battery both female.

Hello !

You are going to want to purchase a POWERED USB hub if the one you actually own does not have a power option. The one you linked has a wall power adapter but I do not see one in the picture of your gear.

If your USB hub is capable of getting power from an external source cut the end off and modify it to get power from the battery pack.

***CAUTION*** make sure that your USB hub does not back feed power to the pineapple, if it does you will need to cut the red and black wires on the cable that connects the USB hut to the pineapple.***

EDIT: If you have questions on how to mod the USB cable or more info on the subject of USB and powering the pineapple have a look at this thread: http://forums.hak5.o...wifi-pineapple/

See Above *** Use at your own RISK ***

On another note I believe you can use the red connector on the USB hub. I have heard people talking about just using the black and I have heard of people using the red power port. I guess it really depends on the hardware you are attaching. My guess is that your 16Gig USB stick is drawing a lot of juice for the USB port on the Pineapple. So if going the black USB route then you might want to try a smaller 1 - 4 Gig USB stick and see how that works. If you really want to keep using the 16 Gig stick then my guess is you might want to go with using the red USB port. I have never wired this paticular hub and so I COULD BE WRONG. *Just trying to help* After looking at the picture of the hub. Connect the red USB to the Pineapple Juice. Then plug the male black USB into the Pineapple. Next plug in your 16 Gig Stick into one of the black female USB ports. Remove the USB cable that came with the Alfa and plug it directly into the micro USB on the hub. Finally plug in the Pineapple into the one of the remaining black female ports on the USB hub. I hope that makes some sense. Remember this is all a guess but I think this configuration should work. I am tired and so I could have messed up typing it up. I suggest doing a forum search for usb hub key words or fairly similar. Some people have even taken pictures and so you might get lucky.

Research before you make major changes and Good Luck!!! Hope I am making some type of sense.

I did some more testing and it looks to be a power issue / cable issue.

Has anyone sucessfully used the alfa awus036nha and pineapple juice with the hak5 usb powered hub? If you can you show me a pic of your connections? Maybe we need a connection thread of pics of how people connect their fruit.