Changing password

Andy Ronin

I did the password recovery, but I still get: "I do not have permissions."

Need something like chmod 770 someplace. Of course, we can't do that.

The password recovery, WILL change the password, to some random string.

That works till they can fix. Not a show stopper, but an inconvenience.

Wayno

http://www.pkill-9.com

Edited by bluefigtoast

I did the password recovery, but I still get: "I do not have permissions."

Need something like chmod 770 someplace. Of course, we can't do that.

The password recovery, WILL change the password, to some random string.

That works till they can fix. Not a show stopper, but an inconvenience.

Wayno

http://www.pkill-9.com

It's because you are not marked as an active member. Try again soon.

I used the forgot password link, sends you a new link to click, verfies you clicked it, then sends you a new password. After logging in, go to profile, on left, click the Email Password link and scroll down, put in the new password it told you, then choose a new one.

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email

Actually I do contribute. But not necessarily here.

I am http://www.pkill-9.com

I have learned so much from Darren. More then I ever dreamed possible. I wish I was his age, and had 1/2 his knowledge. Alas I am double his age, and have about 40% of his knowledge. Someday, you will be here! (where ever you go, there you are!)

;=)

Wayno

Not sure if still implemented, but on the old forums they had certain things in place that new users, couldn't do a whole lot until they had a few posts under their belt, like post links, PM users to spam them, etc, so some controls may not work for all new users right away.

Not sure if still implemented, but on the old forums they had certain things in place that new users, couldn't do a whole lot until they had a few posts under their belt, like post links, PM users to spam them, etc, so some controls may not work for all new users right away.

That still applies.

Not to just barge in; but you have to be approved to be an actual person; not a bot.... correct?

The process just takes a bit; I think it is smart not to auto-approve.

Good Job moderators and admins

Not to just barge in; but you have to be approved to be an actual person; not a bot.... correct?

The process just takes a bit; I think it is smart not to auto-approve.

Good Job moderators and admins

There is a setting for moderated approval, but that is off. It's after # of posts if i remember correctly

• 4 weeks later...

Still Cannot change password...

I also have been recieving a few junk mails lately, before I was only getting 1 junk mail every so often on this account, now it's 2 or 3 every few days. Not that big a deal or an incovienance but I doubt it's a coincidence.

Deleting my account.

EDIT

Well aint't that the shit cannot even delete my account as I do not have permissions and I cannot get you guys to enable that permission, so delete my account please. Would have expected better from hak5.

Edited by Don G

Still Cannot change password...

I also have been recieving a few junk mails lately, before I was only getting 1 junk mail every so often on this account, now it's 2 or 3 every few days. Not that big a deal or an incovienance but I doubt it's a coincidence.

Deleting my account.

EDIT

Well aint't that the shit cannot even delete my account as I do not have permissions and I cannot get you guys to enable that permission, so delete my account please. Would have expected better from hak5.

my god... if he were to read the 1st page...