Clients Cannot Access Net

govinda

Hi all, I have a Mark IV with 2.6.4 firmware, and have usb partitioned properly, with petertfm's setup script run successfully no errors.

When I ssh to the pineapple I can successfully ping google, 8.8.8.8, etc.

From clients, I can connect to Wifi successfully and load the pineapple admin page, although trying to get out to the internet fails.

I have mod'd the /etc/config/network file to change my gateway to my local router (192.168.11.1) but still cannot get to any URLs or response to any ping from laptop, smartphone connected to Pineapple's wifi ..

Any help!?

Thx

Hi all, I have a Mark IV with 2.6.4 firmware, and have usb partitioned properly, with petertfm's setup script run successfully no errors.

When I ssh to the pineapple I can successfully ping google, 8.8.8.8, etc.

From clients, I can connect to Wifi successfully and load the pineapple admin page, although trying to get out to the internet fails.

I have mod'd the /etc/config/network file to change my gateway to my local router (192.168.11.1) but still cannot get to any URLs or response to any ping from laptop, smartphone connected to Pineapple's wifi ..

Any help!?

Thx

First of all, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, you should not change the default route. It should stay at 172.16.42.42.

Make sure you have your ICS set up correctly, having your pineapple facing NIC set to 172.16.42.42.

I have just tried to duplicate your issue and was not able to.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Hey, the easiest way to do what you are asking is use the NetworkManager module. In this module there is a tab that says ICS (aka internet connection sharing). Once you click that tab you will be taken to a new tab area. In here you will see share internet from and to, i have my share internet from set to eth1 (thats my ethernet cable that feeds the pineapple internet from my router). I have to set to wlan0, wlan0 is the pineapples one board wifi that your "victims" connect to / get karma'd to.

Here is a screen shot, hope this help's. Don't forget to hit save! also there is the enable at boot option but that's self explanatory.

ss-1.png

- Anton.

p.s. i forgot to mention some of the modules might not work atm on fw 2.6.4 due too some changes, i am running fw 2.6.3 atm and this work's so if this doen't work for tou it might be the model got broken in the fw update, you could always downgrade to 2.6.3 until it's fixed :)

Edited by Anton

Hi, I installed network modules add-on but for some odd reason when I click it, I only see the attached: http://imgur.com/lrY9a

I have changed the gateway within /etc/config/network back to 172.16.42.42, and I can still ping, etc while ssh'd in - but Connecting via wifi to the pineapple, all I can access is the router..

hmm wierd, I would re-flash and see what happens

Thanks for the help guys, anyone familiar with the code being generated by network manager, so we can use 2.6.4?

I guess whistlemaster will bring out a fixed version but in the mean time this will fix NetworkManager for use with 2.6.4. Just run this via SSH on the pineapple.

sed -i "s/\"\/pineapple\|\"\/www/\"/g;s/'\/www/'/g" /pineapple/modules/networkmanager/networkmanager.php
[/CODE]

Edit: I should point out only run this once.

Edited by Challenger