Expansion Board

I agree, it's probably even better to use a USB powered hub than this since this will require more power from the pineapple.

A 3G expansion board would be great, but probably pretty expensive to manufacture.

I don't think we'll be able to think of anything what can't be done with USB already actually :mellow:

The usb standard is fine what is troublesome is the hub issue. I have used several powered and non powered hubs but I havent been able to get a working usb hub working. Without a working hub I can't keep storage and other devices working.

The only other thing that this expansion board adds is a serial adapter (not really needed for most of us as we already have it. but nice to have)

The usb standard is fine what is troublesome is the hub issue. I have used several powered and non powered hubs but I havent been able to get a working usb hub working. Without a working hub I can't keep storage and other devices working.

The only other thing that this expansion board adds is a serial adapter (not really needed for most of us as we already have it. but nice to have)

When you get a chance can you try something for me? First of all i was having a whole bunch of problems with my usb hub but i was able to make the problem you are having go away for good. I re-flashed the mk4 then put the storage direct with the mk4, ran it with it and made sure it is being detected and i can access it with no problems, shutdown the mk4, plugged in the hub and storage to the hub but powered it up with mk4 not before it, checked everything is fine, powered down all, then plugged the other usb device in my case the usb 3g modem, powered all up at the same time and all worked fine.

Let me know if that takes care of it or i got very lucky ?!?!

thanks jdogherman I was beginning to think only I had a problem, I have e-mailed the hak shop asking about this and what is suggest to be working/model? and I have had no reply

I hope this gets sorted.