Pineapple Mk4 Metal Enclosure?

I know about using an otterbox and all that, but what about something "battle" worthy??

How about an all metal enclosure..

If the antenna is going to be inside then its a BAD idea ;)

might be able to make a battle case with something like this...

I used one of these for a foxhunt (ham radio hide & seek)

Big problem (as Molotof said would be putting the antenna inside. Best case being you dont get a good signal outside of the box (Faraday cage), Worst being that you destroy the radio & amplifier in the pineapple.

Now that dosent mean you cant drill a hole in the box and stick the antenna on the outside. :)

A couple of bulkhead fittings for USB, Power, LAN & WAN

Then you would have plenty of room for a honkin sealed lead acid battery and charging circuit.

Thats a bit much.. :)

I can stuff alot of crap in that!

On the same kind of style:

http://www.toy-gun.com/kids-safe-military-ammo-can-30-cal/

Big problem (as Molotof said would be putting the antenna inside. Best case being you dont get a good signal outside of the box (Faraday cage), Worst being that you destroy the radio & amplifier in the pineapple.

Now that dosent mean you cant drill a hole in the box and stick the antenna on the outside. :)

Then you would have plenty of room for a honkin sealed lead acid battery and charging circuit.

Edited by gmgfarrand

Thats a bit much.. :)

I can stuff alot of crap in that!

On the same kind of style:

http://www.toy-gun.com/kids-safe-military-ammo-can-30-cal/

That reminds me i have an extra 9MM gun case that i can use for this sort of job, you might look in gander mountain website you will find lots of outdoors PLASTIC cases which are water proof but RF friendly :)

Good luck !

Speaking of fox hunt ! how about making a Loop antenna or a quad for 360 degree directional effect because the yagi is way too big for portable discrete operation ;)

I think a different yagi might fit in there perfectly fine (if plastic casing was used) Like a cisco AIR-ANT2410Y-R you would need to change or adapt the connector.

Another option would be to cut some of the director elements off the Hak5 Shop Yagi. It would give you a wider beam spread but still much more directional than a Dipole. Again it all depends on what you are tying to do.

I did this for a "blackbox"

Inside is a 4 port USB HUB, an ALFA, and my AIRPCAP-NX, with a waterproof USB connector on the side.

Might try to put it in something smaller..

2607972610104767674eMgxLm_th.jpg

I think a different yagi might fit in there perfectly fine (if plastic casing was used) Like a cisco AIR-ANT2410Y-R you would need to change or adapt the connector.

Another option would be to cut some of the director elements off the Hak5 Shop Yagi. It would give you a wider beam spread but still much more directional than a Dipole. Again it all depends on what you are tying to do.

Use your imagination!! :D

http://www.lowes.com/Electrical/Electrical-Boxes-Conduit-Fittings/_/N-1z0yt3c/pl?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1

I'm going to have to go spend a bit of money there...

Warning!! You'll need a right angle usb and power adapters to use this box..

http://www.lowes.com/pd_130902-53911-E382DE_4294722500__?productId=3646226&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1

Edited by barry99705