RPC(Remote Procedure Call) Question Virus?

ModGod24

Alright this friend of mine her computer will boot up and come to the desktop like it should and about 2 or 3 minutes of being on this box will pop up stating that it's going to shutdown in a minute and does the count down thing. I've come to think that it's that virus there was a while back. But i've googled it and everything it tells me to do from my search on Google i can't seem to find so i'm at a loss on how to get rid of it. I don't want to reformat her PC but if it comes down to it i guess there's no other choice can someone else shed some light on what to do?

if you REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to format you can do this

(press enter or return for each line)

Start > Run > 'cmd' > OK

cd Desktop

copy con screwed.bat

shutdown -a

ctrl + Z

Now when that window pops up just double click on the gear icon on the desktop that says screwed and it SHOULD go away

BUT THIS IS JUST A QUICK FIX YOU SHOULD DO AS VAKO SAYS AND NUKE THE DRIVE.. FORMAT AND START OVER.... if there is really a virus it could be recording everything you do.. i.e. Credit Card info/SSNs could be sent to someone.